I don't think you guys realize how serious that exploit is

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. I don't think you guys realize how serious that exploit is

User Info: 0ofreako0

0ofreako0
5 months ago#131
MyPetKenshin posted...
For the first time ever, the term “Nintendoomed” can be used unironically. If people are able to easily pirate software, Switch will lose all 3rd party support. And if people can download first party games for free, Nintendo won’t make enough money to keep developing exclusives.

This could very easily snowball into a disaster.

yep. nintendo never recovered from the wii being moddable. that doomed them and they never recovered and they also completely stopped making exclusive games.

User Info: blm03v

blm03v
5 months ago#132
8 year old account.
500 karma.

Seems like a legitimate topic.

0ofreako0
5 months ago#133
blm03v posted...
8 year old account.
500 karma.

"uh oh. it's not a new account. i need to come up with some other reason for this topic not counting!!!"

the topic is dumb, but it has nothing to do with the age or karma of the account.

User Info: blm03v

blm03v
5 months ago#134
0ofreako0 posted...
blm03v posted...
8 year old account.
500 karma.

"uh oh. it's not a new account. i need to come up with some other reason for this topic not counting!!!"

the topic is dumb, but it has nothing to do with the age or karma of the account.

When an account is that old, and the karma is low, it usually means the user is a troll.

User Info: DuranmanX4

DuranmanX4
5 months ago#135
blm03v posted...
0ofreako0 posted...
blm03v posted...
8 year old account.
500 karma.

When an account is that old, and the karma is low, it usually means the user is a troll.

Or they don't use GameFAQs every waking moment
Retail PS4, VITA, Wii U, 3DS and Switch games (2013-2018):
https://i.imgur.com/vPM5YTU.jpg https://i.imgur.com/Lhh37vL.jpg https://i.imgur.com/QIzEm7d.jpg

User Info: Denizen_Of_Dark

Denizen_Of_Dark
5 months ago#136
Darkdragoon324 posted...
Denizen_Of_Dark posted...
Most times, wen ppl hack systems, it's to play old games or games from other platforms(like 90s arcade games or some s*** or ps2 or snes games)... in my experience it's almost never to pirate new games

Yeah, when I hacked my PSP all I did with it was SNES and GBA emulation. I only did it after I bought a Vita (having a Vita was basically the only reason I was even willing to try it in the first place) so I pretty much already owned all the PS1 Classics I'd want to play on it. And I already owned all the PSP games I cared to play so I never pirated any PSP isos either.

Exactly, not only that but there's a lotta new perks added to old games in online stores like achievements or new content so it's still worth it to buy a lotta times.

It rly is mostly for nostalgia or cool factor. Jus bein able to say u got super metroid on ur psp is pretty dam cool.
Official GRAVITY of gamefaqs Dark Souls boards.
I believe I, too, have pooped your pants --- R1 Masher

User Info: Irony

Irony
5 months ago#137
About as serious as the PS3 exploit that was said to be unpatchable, but did get patched.
I am Mogar, God of Irony and The Devourer of Topics.
http://i.imgtc.com/tHc3mIo.png http://i.imgtc.com/PYxw8Lm.png

User Info: FFT-Fan

FFT-Fan
5 months ago#138
Darkdragoon324 posted...
Most times, wen ppl hack systems, it's to play old games or games from other platforms(like 90s arcade games or some s*** or ps2 or snes games)... in my experience it's almost never to pirate new games

Yeah, when I hacked my PSP all I did with it was SNES and GBA emulation. I only did it after I bought a Vita (having a Vita was basically the only reason I was even willing to try it in the first place) so I pretty much already owned all the PS1 Classics I'd want to play on it. And I already owned all the PSP games I cared to play so I never pirated any PSP isos either.

Exactly, not only that but there's a lotta new perks added to old games in online stores like achievements or new content so it's still worth it to buy a lotta times.

It rly is mostly for nostalgia or cool factor. Jus bein able to say u got super metroid on ur psp is pretty dam cool.

I imagine as well that they like having games like super metroid available in portable form.
GTX 1080|i7-7700|DDR4 3200mhz|500GB 850 EVO

0ofreako0
5 months ago#139
Darkdragoon324 posted...

i downloaded an insane amount of ISOs on my psp, but i still bought a giant stack of those weird UMD physical games.

i still pirate a lot of PC games, and then if i enjoy it (and my crappy laptop can run it) i buy them on steam because every game that's ever existed is on sale on steam every day of ever year.

i sometimes feel like i'm in the minority doing this, though. pirating games and then legally buying them afterwards.

i'm still on the fence as to if i'll do it on the switch. i really like having access to the store and wasting money on random digital games that are on sale. it'd be absolutely amazing to be able to whip out my switch and play NES/SNES games with people any where, but i just don't know if it's worth losing store access.

User Info: SMT_Masochist

SMT_Masochist
5 months ago#140
BlueDsc posted...
MyPetKenshin posted...
The impact isn’t on sales, it’s on devs. Devs support consoles because they offer a certain amount of security. Remove that security and you remove the support.

Didn't seem to phase the DS or 3DS all that much.

Nathanmg posted...
Piracy increases hardware sales at least :p

ROB45 posted...
Nothing is lost. Pirates wouldn't buy the games anyway.
Games: Monster Hunter World, Bayonetta 2
PS/XB: ENDBOSS78 Nin: ENDBOSS
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. I don't think you guys realize how serious that exploit is

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived