I don't think you guys realize how serious that exploit is

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. I don't think you guys realize how serious that exploit is

User Info: Cyber Akuma Zero

Cyber Akuma Zero
5 months ago#121
xoftheuniverse posted...
That didn't stop them especially on the DS and Wii. The online hacker problem on those two systems was the worst I have ever seen. I still see online hackers all over Pokemon Sun/Ultra Sun so I know for a fact that the banning system will not stop them.

Hacked Pokemon are completely different from cheating online. You don't need a hacked system to have hacked Pokemon, and once a Pokemon has been hacked, the data is stored locally on your system/cart, you aren't actively altering the network code to cheat in a way a normal system would not.
"A train station is where a train stops. A bus station is where a bus stops. On my desk I have a workstation." - William Faulkner
Gamertag in profile

User Info: Darkdragoon324

Darkdragoon324
5 months ago#122
Cyber Akuma Zero posted...
xoftheuniverse posted...
That didn't stop them especially on the DS and Wii. The online hacker problem on those two systems was the worst I have ever seen. I still see online hackers all over Pokemon Sun/Ultra Sun so I know for a fact that the banning system will not stop them.

Hacked Pokemon are completely different from cheating online. You don't need a hacked system to have hacked Pokemon, and once a Pokemon has been hacked, the data is stored locally on your system/cart, you aren't actively altering the network code to cheat in a way a normal system would not.

Not to mention they can usually make it so that only bilds and stats that are actually possible normally can be used online and in competitions. So really all hack mons do is save lazy people the breeding/EV training time, not actually giving them an edge over a non-hacked fully trained mon.
"My name is Leonard Church, and you will fear my laser face"

User Info: decam0

decam0
5 months ago#123
Terotrous posted...
Piracy doesn't actually matter. It has no sales impact because only like 1% of the market actually does it, and those people rarely buy games anyway. All PC games are cracked within days but it's still the most widely supported platform by far.

Tell that to the Sega Dreamcast.
XBL : Seymour Cake | PSN : CM0CAK3 | 3DS FC : 1177-7035-6634 - nJxClint | Switch : CM0CAK3

User Info: gabrius

gabrius
5 months ago#124
Please.

This is the age of needing to be connected online to do most things.

This isn't the age of the Dreamcast where making your console able to play discs straight off the burner will doom you. Nintendo is already working on fixes, the sky is not falling.
https://twitch.tv/shingabrius

User Info: Cyber Akuma Zero

Cyber Akuma Zero
5 months ago#125
Darkdragoon324 posted...
Not to mention they can usually make it so that only bilds and stats that are actually possible normally can be used online and in competitions. So really all hack mons do is save lazy people the breeding/EV training time, not actually giving them an edge over a non-hacked fully trained mon.

Pretty much this. There is a difference between a hacked Pokemon and an illegal Pokemon.

A hacked Pokemon is 100% indistinguishable from a normal one, because it IS normal and would be possible to obtain legitimately.... it would just be very very VERY hard and unlikely as everything would have to be perfect and it would take forever.

An illegal Pokemon is one that is flat out broken, it's Evs or IVs at beyond the max it should be able to have, it has moves or special abilities that it's never supposed to be able to have legitimately, etc. And these are for the most part detected when you attempt to trade or use them online.

gabrius posted...
Please.

You realize that patch servers, the eShop, and online play are completely different, right? A PS3 or Xbox 360 for example can still download patches and firmware updates even if it's not signed into PSN/Live. A 3DS can still access the eShop if it has been banned (After all, why wouldn't they let hacked systems connect to the store where they can spend their money?). Etc.

It's not going to be an internet-less paperweight IF it gets banned. And FYI, Nintendo does NOT have a good track record for catching hacked systems.
"A train station is where a train stops. A bus station is where a bus stops. On my desk I have a workstation." - William Faulkner
Gamertag in profile

User Info: Jinzo 111887

Jinzo 111887
5 months ago#126
MarceloSampaio posted...
Jinzo 111887 posted...
Don't worry. Chances are Denuvo Anti-Tamper will be on Switch soon enough. Piracy set back, but Switch owners get to deal with the issues it can cause.

If Denuvo games can be cracked (some of them in less than a week), why would Nintendo bother with it?
There are some publishers who still use it knowing that. I don't know why they do, but Sega's still using it on Sonic Mania for PC.
"God doesn't buy loot boxes." - Dr. Eisenstein

User Info: Denizen_Of_Dark

Denizen_Of_Dark
5 months ago#127
Most times, wen ppl hack systems, it's to play old games or games from other platforms(like 90s arcade games or some s*** or ps2 or snes games)... in my experience it's almost never to pirate new games
Official GRAVITY of gamefaqs Dark Souls boards.
I believe I, too, have pooped your pants --- R1 Masher

User Info: Darkdragoon324

Darkdragoon324
5 months ago#128
Denizen_Of_Dark posted...
Most times, wen ppl hack systems, it's to play old games or games from other platforms(like 90s arcade games or some s*** or ps2 or snes games)... in my experience it's almost never to pirate new games

Yeah, when I hacked my PSP all I did with it was SNES and GBA emulation. I only did it after I bought a Vita (having a Vita was basically the only reason I was even willing to try it in the first place) so I pretty much already owned all the PS1 Classics I'd want to play on it. And I already owned all the PSP games I cared to play so I never pirated any PSP isos either.
"My name is Leonard Church, and you will fear my laser face"

User Info: Em_Jay_Dee

Em_Jay_Dee
5 months ago#129
decam0 posted...
Terotrous posted...
Piracy doesn't actually matter. It has no sales impact because only like 1% of the market actually does it, and those people rarely buy games anyway. All PC games are cracked within days but it's still the most widely supported platform by far.

Tell that to the Sega Dreamcast.

You can't even compare the 2. Dreamcast needed no modifications to the hardware. It was literally just playing burned CDs (games). You need to mod the hardware to exploit the switch. Something very few consumers will do. You can use almost every system released SINCE the dreamcast of an example of that.

User Info: Em_Jay_Dee

Em_Jay_Dee
5 months ago#130
gabrius posted...
Please.

This isn't the age of the Dreamcast where making your console able to play discs straight off the burner will doom you. Nintendo is already working on fixes, the sky is not falling.

You didn't have to mod the Dreamcast to be able to play burned games. It would right out of the box.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. I don't think you guys realize how serious that exploit is

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived