• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. I don't think you guys realize how serious that exploit is

User Info: RoyalDroneX

RoyalDroneX
1 year ago#111
Cyber Akuma Zero posted...
Good lord, I have never seen so much densely packed wrong before.

https://kotaku.com/players-who-pirated-pokemon-sun-and-moon-say-nintendo-i-1789039343 really now?
3DS Friend Code: 0387-9017-6003 NID:TheChoujinVirus
Switch FC: SW-5068-7679-1687

User Info: DuranmanX4

DuranmanX4
1 year ago#112
DrProfessor posted...
Also wasn’t the Dreamcast killed by piracy?

You mean when Captain Blackbeard shot the Governor of the Bahamas at the time, Sir Dreamcast of Nassau?
Retail PS4, VITA, Wii U, 3DS and Switch games (2013-2018):
https://i.imgur.com/vPM5YTU.jpg https://i.imgur.com/Lhh37vL.jpg https://i.imgur.com/QIzEm7d.jpg

User Info: Cyber Akuma Zero

Cyber Akuma Zero
1 year ago#113
RoyalDroneX posted...
https://kotaku.com/players-who-pirated-pokemon-sun-and-moon-say-nintendo-i-1789039343 really now?

Yes, really.

Do you even know what bricked means?
"A train station is where a train stops. A bus station is where a bus stops. On my desk I have a workstation." - William Faulkner
Gamertag in profile

User Info: DrProfessor

DrProfessor
1 year ago#114
DuranmanX4 posted...
DrProfessor posted...
Also wasn’t the Dreamcast killed by piracy?

You mean when Captain Blackbeard shot the Governor of the Bahamas at the time, Sir Dreamcast of Nassau?
Yes. I hate that guy. :P Also didju just make that up? (I know it’s made up but did you make it up?) It’s good. I’m not even being sarcastic, it’d be funny in a cartoon.
"I would fire anyone who teabags because it's indicative of being a child, and I do not support child labor."
The_Undying_84

User Info: _Dog

_Dog
1 year ago#115
@Dark_SilverX posted...
Switch had third party support? All I'm seeing are ports of PS3/360 games and indies which are on other consoles.

And how is that not third-party support?

@kirbyhoakage posted...
this is what happens when nintendo overprices all its software, toys and peripherals. People will justify pirate nintendo stuff because its all priced to high.

So encourage piracy just because of allegedly high prices (people think they're priced fine)? And yet you accuse Nintendo of wrongdoing? Have you ever thought before posting this nonsense?
Corrin was a mistake.
Not changing sig until Ash wins a Pokemon league, becomes a Pokemon Master and/or ends his journey. Started 12/14/2016

User Info: kumorixLoveless

kumorixLoveless
1 year ago#116
Is as serious as a puppy barking. Keep blowing things out of proportion like people did with the PSP, DS and 3ds which is still getting games today despite the system being fully blown.
PSN: Tofuman2021(Japanese) & Tofuman22 (U.S)
3DS FC: 5000-2002-8067 IGN: Charlotte/Tofuman

User Info: Darkdragoon324

Darkdragoon324
1 year ago#117
_Dog posted...
@Dark_SilverX posted...
Switch had third party support? All I'm seeing are ports of PS3/360 games and indies which are on other consoles.

Probably wants third party devs to make games exclusive to Switch even if they're devs that normally make multi-plats. Because games only count if they're exclusive to Switch.
"My name is Leonard Church, and you will fear my laser face"

User Info: Sethman409

Sethman409
1 year ago#118
Darkdragoon324 posted...
_Dog posted...
Dark_SilverX posted...

Probably wants third party devs to make games exclusive to Switch even if they're devs that normally make multi-plats. Because games only count if they're exclusive to Switch.
Then when they do make exclusives everyone blows up because they are exclusives.
Ib,Persona 4G,Explorers of Sky,Stella Glow,Cold Steel 2,Bayonetta 2,Uncharted 4,Valkyrie Drive,FE:Fates,Persona 5,Criminal Girls,Senran Kagura EV, Conception II

User Info: Cnn_Is_FakeNews

Cnn_Is_FakeNews
1 year ago#119
Nah it will hardly affect sales
"Tell me what you cherish most. Give me the pleasure of taking it away."
- Sephiroth

User Info: xoftheuniverse

xoftheuniverse
1 year ago#120
Cyber Akuma Zero posted...
meiyuki posted...
It's also funny that GOG is nearly a match for steam and their games don't even require cracks. There's not even a log in required.

Not to mention Witcher 3, regardless of which version you get, has no DRM whatsoever despite being one of the biggest and most popular games in years. The devs felt all it did was hurt innocent people. I have seen people who mentioned they would not want to pirate it out of respect of the devs not treating them like thieves out of the box.

xoftheuniverse posted...
Here's a question... Will the scum be able to cheat online with this? As it is most people are not happy to pay for online the way it is and if you add online play full of hackers like every other system what will happen?

Depends how the online is setup, but possibly...

... however, cheating online is a very VERY easy way to get banned. This was pretty much the only way people could get banned with a hacked Wii. Nintendo could not detect hacked systems, but they could detect people cheating and ban them for it. It's VERY easy to get found if you cheat online on a console.

Sega9599 posted...
So from what you are saying, nintendo shouldn't put any protection at all on their consoles, and sell more?

Oh look, a strawman!

No, I am saying they should focus more on giving features to their legitimate customers than doing nothing but attempting to block hackers. Not that they should not do anything whatsoever, but less focus on that over focus on your PAYING CUSTOMERS who BOUGHT your system and games. It's insulting that they don't listen to those who gave them money in an effort to attempt to stop those who might or might not buy their software if they couldn't hack anyway.

As Gabe Newell said: "Piracy is a service problem"

That didn't stop them especially on the DS and Wii. The online hacker problem on those two systems was the worst I have ever seen. I still see online hackers all over Pokemon Sun/Ultra Sun so I know for a fact that the banning system will not stop them.
The following terms are used by the people they describe: fanboy, noob, scrub, kiddy.
My gaming videos => http://www.youtube.com/user/xoftheuniverse
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. I don't think you guys realize how serious that exploit is
  • Topic Archived