Sell me the nintendo switch,, by answering one question.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. Sell me the nintendo switch,, by answering one question.

User Info: AshtonRPG7

AshtonRPG7
4 weeks ago#1
Is the eshop still linked to the consoles and not an account?

The reason I stopped buying nintendo and stayed with sony was when I bought a few eshop games, the console fell and broke and bam!!!, Lost games too... simply perfect,,, perfect dumbness.

Annnyway, Switch looks VERY interesting since I'm trying to focus my future of gaming into handhelds, life too rushed to sit on a couch to play a console but Switch makes it possible for me to play anywhere, it's a gamer's dream come true, however,,, that sucky eshop,,, unless I carry around my games >_> but i'm trying to evolve, go digital and blablabla.

Anyway back to topic, does the eshop make sense now or it still doesnt?

User Info: Starwars4J

Starwars4J
4 weeks ago#2
The eshop has been linked to the account since last generation
What I can't get over is how she ripped one testicle off..~Frogstir
I can't read your topics without expecting Bel Air now.~KensaiBlade

AshtonRPG7
4 weeks ago#3
Starwars4J posted...

really?? lol.... well, I havent really had to buy a second wii u to try it, ((yes I bought a switch bleh)) Mostly for the kids, it never died so,,, you mean that I can use the same wii u account and be able to download compatible switch games? That would be badass

User Info: DUBTuner

DUBTuner
4 weeks ago#4
AshtonRPG7 posted...
Starwars4J posted...

really?? lol.... well, I havent really had to buy a second wii u to try it, ((yes I bought a switch bleh)) Mostly for the kids, it never died so,,, you mean that I can use the same wii u account and be able to download compatible switch games? That would be badass

No, there's no virtual console and any games you bought on other systems aren't gonna be playable on your Switch.

User Info: Dystroph

Dystroph
4 weeks ago#5
AshtonRPG7 posted...
Starwars4J posted...

Wait, you can download PS3 games on your PS4 without buying them again? For real?
Switch eShop is separate from the WiiU eShop. But the games ARE linked to accounts, you just can't take WiiU games (including digital eShop ones) onto your Switch.

User Info: Z6980

Z6980
4 weeks ago#6
Your eShop is linked to an account NOT the console itself. So if you lose or break it you can redownload your games. You'll have to start from scratch though.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/profile/Z6890]MyAnimeList profile[/url]

AshtonRPG7
4 weeks ago#7
Z6980 posted...
Your eShop is linked to an account NOT the console itself. So if you lose or break it you can redownload your games. You'll have to start from scratch though.

alright cool, thanks

User Info: Storm_Skyflyer

Storm_Skyflyer
4 weeks ago#8
Starwars4J posted...

I think you need to rephrase we're talking about a hybrid system and I know nothing about wii u but 3ds was in fact system locked which is why I didn't do nintendo digital, it's not a problem on switch though they gave us a new problem >< saves

TC saves are system locked only why to keep saves is to do a system transfer, I hope nintendo changes that and allows saves to be moved to sd card and for that sd card to be usable by whatever system is the 'active' switch for the account if they did it would make future upgrades/replacements much easier to handle
Kyler(3DS): pkmn UM ~ Nightfall(Switch) - Dragon Quest Builders, Xenoblade C2, Piczle Lines
Carmelita/Sly(Vita/pstv) - God Eater 2 Rage Burst

User Info: Apalachicola

Apalachicola
4 weeks ago#9
I have different accounts for 3DS and Switch. This seems dumb and unnecessary, but I haven’t bought much on either platform recently and may not buy anything on 3DS again. Exception: Picross.
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser Gate.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. Sell me the nintendo switch,, by answering one question.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived