What Nintendo Labo Tells Us About Switch's Future

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. What Nintendo Labo Tells Us About Switch's Future

User Info: swordza

swordza
4 weeks ago#1
https://www.tomsguide.com/us/nintendo-labo-future-of-switch,news-27034.html#xtor=RSS-100

For starters, Labo is the first Switch "game" I've played that actually uses the system's touchscreen and HD rumble functionality in meaningful ways

Nintendo Labo is an excellent reminder of just how much the system can do — and how much further it might go in the future.

e:ra

Maybe nintendo will move their resources to make more "games" with cardboard.
One time, my mind wandered, then it never came back.

User Info: rusty12000

rusty12000
4 weeks ago#2
Considering 12 switch and Labo are made by the same studio, it's fairly safe to say Nintendo will allow them to continue working on Labo and other weird crap while the other studios work on the good stuff. I really don't see the problem with variety.
Everything EA contributed to gamers around the world in one youtube clip
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBoesEFWZnM

User Info: neji721

neji721
4 weeks ago#3
Yea, they said system has a lot of unused features, which is true. Camera, heat signatures, touchscreem, etc.

Yet.....you focus on something outside of the system.

Not everygame will appeal to every gamer and that is ok.

User Info: NintendoGamer83

NintendoGamer83
4 weeks ago#4
Hey its Kitty the Nintendo hater
Treat trolls how they treat you. They hate it and that's hilarious.
Pony is classed as flaming. Drone isn't. Double standard confirmed.

User Info: DUBTuner

DUBTuner
4 weeks ago#5
They need to understand first that Labo and actual games appeal to two completely different audiences. If they want to focus on Labo from this point forward, that's gonna alienate a good portion of their fan base, especially considering they heavily advertised this Switch as the first hybrid videogame console, and we had no idea about Labo back then.

User Info: freedumbdclxvi

freedumbdclxvi
4 weeks ago#6
Great article. I’m with the author - I’m looking forward to what they do next with the system.
3DS FC: 0490-7858-5102/NS FC: SW-6739-0520-9699/PSN: freedumbdclxvi

freedumbdclxvi
4 weeks ago#7
DUBTuner posted...
They need to understand first that Labo and actual games appeal to two completely different audiences. If they want to focus on Labo from this point forward, that's gonna alienate a good portion of their fan base, especially considering they heavily advertised this Switch as the first hybrid videogame console, and we had no idea about Labo back then.

That...that’s not at all hinted at in the article. It’s a review of Labo and the idea is that Labo is just a reminder of just what Nintendo can do incorporating all Switch’s features.

User Info: DUBTuner

DUBTuner
4 weeks ago#8
freedumbdclxvi posted...
DUBTuner posted...

That...that’s not at all hinted at in the article. It’s a review of Labo and the idea is that Labo is just a reminder of just what Nintendo can do incorporating all Switch’s features.

Sorry, I went ahead of myself and posted before reading the article. I just gave my 2 cents on TC's comment.

User Info: SmashFang7

SmashFang7
4 weeks ago#9
I've said it in another topic and I'll say it again. If Labo becomes the new way to play Zelda, Pokemon, Metroid, etc, I'm out. Done with Nintendo.

freedumbdclxvi
4 weeks ago#10
DUBTuner posted...
freedumbdclxvi posted...
DUBTuner posted...

Sorry, I went ahead of myself and posted before reading the article. I just gave my 2 cents on TC's comment.

Gotcha. :)
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. What Nintendo Labo Tells Us About Switch's Future

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived