Microtransactions don't work well

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. Microtransactions don't work well

User Info: Fatal_Tendency

Fatal_Tendency
6 months ago#1
I play a lot of XV2 on the switch and I noticed that the Shop finally updated with some cool items. My balance of TP medals was a bit short and I didn't really have the time to farm any so I decided to purchase a few. However, because I had already purchased the small pack before I am not able to purchase it again. The thing is, last time I bought medals was about a month ago. WTF? Is it too much to create a bit of code that allows something to be purchased multiple times? Is this exclusive to XV2? This seems like such a non issue that shouldn't be hard to fix.
Well, sir, if you're having a problem with our customer support, you can call 1-800-eat-a-d*ck.

User Info: DeathSoul2000

DeathSoul2000
6 months ago#2
they're saving you from yourself

User Info: Andros-2K7

Andros-2K7
6 months ago#3
Good. People should stop being lazy and go farm TP medals it's too easy to farm to be spending money on.
Favourite JRPG's: The Last Story, Xenoblade Chronicles, Arc Rise Fantasia.
N3DS FC: 2208 9375 0944 / Nintendo Switch FC: SW-0594-6453-0420

Fatal_Tendency
6 months ago#4
Andros-2K7 posted...
Good. People should stop being lazy and go farm TP medals it's too easy to farm to be spending money on.

Gee, why didn't I think of that? I should just put everything else I'm doing on hold so I can go run the same mission over and over for a while just so I can get a cosmetic item. It's not like I'm a grown man who should be able to throw a few dollars into a game so I can make sure to get the item I want. Oh golly gee why didn't I ever think of grinding medals? Fun fact, its the opposite of laziness that is keeping me from farming medals, genius.
Well, sir, if you're having a problem with our customer support, you can call 1-800-eat-a-d*ck.

User Info: HentaiSenpai

HentaiSenpai
6 months ago#5
Andros-2K7 posted...

While I wouldn't spend money on these microtransactions, I wouldn't automatically call people who do lazy.

Dimps purposefully made it a grind just to obtain them to get people to spend money on them. It's why the game is suddenly more dependent on TP medals and things like mentor gifts cost a s*** ton of them. It's less about being lazy and more about not wanting to spend precious time not doing repetitive grinding.
Real girls grow old and bitter. Waifus stay beautiful forever.
2D>3D

User Info: Andros-2K7

Andros-2K7
6 months ago#6
HentaiSenpai posted...

Dimps purposefully made it a grind just to obtain them to get people to spend money on them

I'm starting to believe that's what it is as of late. It's been quite a while since we've gotten a Double TP event. I could easily farm 5k in a day but it seems like they want you to cash in for TP Medals by not giving us the event. I won't support it. But yeah I can understand why people would buy.
Favourite JRPG's: The Last Story, Xenoblade Chronicles, Arc Rise Fantasia.
N3DS FC: 2208 9375 0944 / Nintendo Switch FC: SW-0594-6453-0420

Fatal_Tendency
6 months ago#7
Andros-2K7 posted...
HentaiSenpai posted...

Dimps purposefully made it a grind just to obtain them to get people to spend money on them

I'm starting to believe that's what it is as of late. It's been quite a while since we've gotten a Double TP event. I could easily farm 5k in a day but it seems like they want you to cash in for TP Medals by not giving us the event. I won't support it. But yeah I can understand why people would buy.

going back to the original point of this topic, the fact that we cannot buy them due to the piss poor eShop functionality.

Fatal_Tendency
5 months ago#8
Small update, a buddy of mine has purchased multiple copies of micro transaction dlc... once. The shop added each of the medal packs again, but with #2 added. This was also about a month ago. Fix your shop, Nintendo
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. Microtransactions don't work well

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived