• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. Deep into GoW, just wanted to let ya'll know Bayo is safe

User Info: brolynick

brolynick
1 year ago#141
xF0x posted...
brolynick posted...
xF0x posted...
You know what else it's nothing like? A God of War game. And even if you don't want to agree it has TLoU similarities the new GoW is still much closer to it than to the classic GoW.

How is it nothing like the previous GoW games? Ripping apart many different kinds of monsters, giant bosses, fighting Gods, breaking open chests, doing puzzles, Kratos still being an angry man a lot, constantly gaining new abilities

The only things it has in common with TLoU are that you have a companion with you and there's more story. That's about it

What about t***? What about killing innocent people who just happened to be in your way? What about the chain blades, the trademark weapon of the series? You can't even jump now, let alone do long combos. Gods, puzzles and violence are in tons of games, but GoW used to have what others didn't.

t****** and killing innocents makes zero sense in the context of the story. Doesn't mean they won't return in the sequels but to me a few less jugs doesn't suddenly make it not God of War

As for the weapons

Chain Blades are in the game as a regular weapon
http://i.imgur.com/rZwq5Ro.jpg

User Info: Mdodmod

Mdodmod
1 year ago#142
Bayonetta 3 is actually a pretty good counter to God of War. Not saying it'll be better or worse, but it's a pretty good game for Nintendo to have up their sleeve.

User Info: DuranmanX4

DuranmanX4
1 year ago#143
brolynick posted...
xF0x posted...
brolynick posted...
xF0x posted...
You know what else it's nothing like? A God of War game. And even if you don't want to agree it has TLoU similarities the new GoW is still much closer to it than to the classic GoW.

How is it nothing like the previous GoW games? Ripping apart many different kinds of monsters, giant bosses, fighting Gods, breaking open chests, doing puzzles, Kratos still being an angry man a lot, constantly gaining new abilities

The only things it has in common with TLoU are that you have a companion with you and there's more story. That's about it

What about t***? What about killing innocent people who just happened to be in your way? What about the chain blades, the trademark weapon of the series? You can't even jump now, let alone do long combos. Gods, puzzles and violence are in tons of games, but GoW used to have what others didn't.

t****** and killing innocents makes zero sense in the context of the story. Doesn't mean they won't return in the sequels but to me a few less jugs doesn't suddenly make it not God of War

As for the weapons

it's just people ruminating on the superficial aspects of the series

same thing happened when Resident Evil 4 released
Retail PS4, VITA, Wii U, 3DS and Switch games (2013-2018):
https://i.imgur.com/vPM5YTU.jpg https://i.imgur.com/Lhh37vL.jpg https://i.imgur.com/QIzEm7d.jpg

User Info: xF0x

xF0x
1 year ago#144
DuranmanX4 posted...
brolynick posted...
xF0x posted...
brolynick posted...
xF0x posted...

As for the weapons

it's just people ruminating on the superficial aspects of the series

same thing happened when Resident Evil 4 released

It's more like Phantom Pain than RE4. And no MGS fan will tell you that PP was good.

RE4 wasn't trying to be like certain other games, either. It was its own thing. Try RE7 instead, which is practically a PT ripoff and feels neither like the original trilogy nor like RE4-6
Everything will be fire.

User Info: Linetrix

Linetrix
1 year ago#145
xF0x posted...
It's more like Phantom Pain than RE4. And no MGS fan will tell you that PP was good.

WRONG! Only the filthy casuals that played one or two entries complained about the game. And they complained about the plot that wasn't as convoluted as MGS2 or MGS4. Fans of the franchise will actually say MGS5 had the best gameplay of the entire series.
"Links to GameFAQs statistics is trolling. It doesn't matter the ToU says nothing about that. I decided it is and it is upheld." - GameFAQs mod

User Info: El_Zaggy

El_Zaggy
1 year ago#146
xF0x posted...
CrimsonGear80 posted...
celebar posted...
CrimsonGear80 posted...
xF0x posted...
It's supposed to be a mix with the Last of Us, because of how similarly it plays. I had the feeling this one isn't obvious enough.

oh, so it's not about making sense it's about being a dumb as possible?

Are you new to wordplay?

are you new to dumb s***?

You asked for sense you got sense. I never promised quality.

El_Zaggy posted...
Its nothing like the last of us, either from a gameplay perspective than the narrative perspective

sounds liek you havent played it

User Info: FFTHEWINNER

FFTHEWINNER
1 year ago#147
DuranmanX4 posted...
And you guys wonder why people make fun of you
WHO AM I?FFTHEWINNER. WHO ARE YOU?URTHELOSER
http://i.imgur.com/xgSex.png

User Info: Cyrax2286

Cyrax2286
11 months ago#148
Doesn't GoW 1/2/3/4 all have higher metacritic scores than bayo, i think GoW 1 has outsold every bayo game.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. Deep into GoW, just wanted to let ya'll know Bayo is safe
  • Topic Archived