A Starfox64 like Starfox-game for full price would bomb hard

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. A Starfox64 like Starfox-game for full price would bomb hard

User Info: kranix1

kranix1
4 months ago#21
Didn't we already learn this in 2016?
there's only so much to talk about when Nintendo is making this board live on ports and cardboard- metroidman18

User Info: blazingsonic

blazingsonic
4 months ago#22
XenoDino posted...
blazingsonic posted...
kirbyhoakage posted...
A starfox game that doesnt bomb needs

1. online multiplayer like warhawk up to 32 players in a match, dogfights, tanks, jeeps
2. star wars rogue squadroon like missions
3. classic star fox N64 type missions
4. star wars battle front type stuff.

Then it really wouldn't be Star Fox, it would just be Warhawk or Star Wars Battlefront with Star Fox taped over the title.

So what would be Starfox then? An eternal retread Starfox 64? That's wrong. Fans like you are the cancer of the industry. You also don't want a 3d-Pokemon. You're also fine with Animal Crossing stayomg the same. And Smash-Ganondorf can never be nit a Falcon-cline, huh?

Shame on you. Shame.

Okay I'm just gonna put you on ignore now, You can't come up with a mature counter point, You just sit there and project things on others and throw insults when I clearly insult you first, So yeah, On the list of people who rather lay and smell their own farts.
Account abandoned.

User Info: XenoDino

XenoDino
4 months ago#23
blazingsonic posted...
XenoDino posted...
blazingsonic posted...
kirbyhoakage posted...

1. online multiplayer like warhawk up to 32 players in a match, dogfights, tanks, jeeps

Then it really wouldn't be Star Fox, it would just be Warhawk or Star Wars Battlefront with Star Fox taped over the title.

So what would be Starfox then? An eternal retread Starfox 64? That's wrong. Fans like you are the cancer of the industry. You also don't want a 3d-Pokemon. You're also fine with Animal Crossing stayomg the same. And Smash-Ganondorf can never be nit a Falcon-cline, huh?

Shame on you. Shame.

Okay I'm just gonna put you on ignore now, You can't come up with a mature counter point, You just sit there and project things on others and throw insults when I clearly insult you first, So yeah, On the list of people who rather lay and smell their own farts.

You made a dumb posting and can't admit that. It's okay, most people areblike that.
There are videogames, and theres The Legend of Zelda

User Info: lifelack

lifelack
4 months ago#24
What's the difference between a 2 hours games you finish 30 times because of fun and a 50 hours game wou play once and look away?
Answers: 10 hours.

The lenght doesn't justify the cost in that case. I would gladly pay 60$ for a good game like sf64

User Info: BasedSharah

BasedSharah
4 months ago#25
XenoDino posted...
blazingsonic posted...
kirbyhoakage posted...

Shame on you. Shame.

https://i.imgur.com/0UjJ7o2.gif
''I'm a very important businesman with a busy life and certainly don't have time to sell Nintendo's console for them, lol.'' - AstralFrost

User Info: meiyuki

meiyuki
4 months ago#26
lifelack posted...
What's the difference between a 2 hours games you finish 30 times because of fun and a 50 hours game wou play once and look away?

The lenght doesn't justify the cost in that case. I would gladly pay 60$ for a good game like sf64

It's even more true with a game that has a high difficulty, could be achieved with difficulty modes. That tends to lengthen a game as you have to practice a lot more to get through it.

User Info: XenoDino

XenoDino
4 months ago#27
lifelack posted...

But nobody finishes a 2 hour game 30 times in the year 2018. Grow up, retro fanboy
There are videogames, and theres The Legend of Zelda

User Info: Hell_Thrasher

Hell_Thrasher
4 months ago#28
Here's an idea. We get both Platinum and Retro to develop the game. Platinum deals with the on foot gameplay, Retro deals with the on-rails.

The game would feature Fox and Peppy on a mysterious planet, which has recently shown signs of Venomian activity. The planet would be large and open, similar to BotW (though with cities and towns to explore). Peppy would essentially provide support for combat, but his attacks would pack less punch than Fox's. Fox would be equipped with his blaster, but could pick up things in his environment. For example, say you have to go into a bar for information, but you have to defend yourself in a fight, Fox would be able to use chairs or bottles to fend foes off... or just shoot the s*** out of them.

Fox and Peppy would have to visit factories and Venomian bases, solving puzzles and fighting enemies with a variety of different guns and vehicles.

Now, the Arwing gameplay would belong to Falco and Slippy. Slippy would also provide support, either through the Blue Marine, or the Land Master. Arwing levels would take place after a base or factory is destroyed. Each Arwing stage would end with a boss fight.

For the folks who just want on-rails gameplay, there would be an arcade mode, which would feature all Arwing stages in a sequence.

Vs. Mode would be added at a later point in a future update, and would feature 10v10 local and online play.
"If the anime doesn't make me question if I'm on cocaine, then it's not worth my time" - The greatest human being who ever lived.

User Info: HValle

HValle
4 months ago#29
Not only would, but did. Twice.
The C is for Courage, just another word for brave
O! Oh my god, what a very handsome knaive

User Info: mareepgod

mareepgod
4 months ago#30
People hated Adventures and Assault because it wasn't Starfox 64. Well look what happened to Starfox Zero. I would still hate the game even without the gimmick controls.

I want new, innovative games like Adventures and Assault, not the same concept but slightly different. You might think I am crazy for saying this since I said "innovative" when Adventures is a Zelda clone. But I enjoyed it because I like crazy interesting crossovers that combined different genres. I don't care if one game copies another as long it isn't literally a down right lazy copy with no effort put in.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. A Starfox64 like Starfox-game for full price would bomb hard

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived