A Starfox64 like Starfox-game for full price would bomb hard

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. A Starfox64 like Starfox-game for full price would bomb hard

User Info: XenoDino

XenoDino
5 months ago#1
Nobody wants a full priced arcade shooter in the year 2018.

Starfox Adventures 2 or gtfo
There are videogames, and theres The Legend of Zelda

User Info: xF0x

xF0x
5 months ago#2
It wouldn't bomb if they market it properly (which they wouldn't).
It also wouldn't bomb if it was a launch title (which it wasn't).
Everything will be fire.

User Info: Deltron_Zero

Deltron_Zero
5 months ago#3
Well,you would hope that they would add enough content and replayability to warrant a full MSRP tag.Honestly though,i would buy a new SF game at full price with the same length as the old school games.
When you respond to trolls you not only feed them but generate ad revenue for Gamefaqs who lets them run free for ad revenue.Ignore and block trolls always!!!!

User Info: xF0x

xF0x
5 months ago#4
My biggest issue with SF64 was inability to save. I think they added saves in the 3DS remake.
Everything will be fire.

User Info: TsC_PoLiTiKz

TsC_PoLiTiKz
5 months ago#5
For the record, a really good game can turn replayability in to something that feels like loads of content.

Left 4 Dead is a good example that comes to mind. You can likely beat every campaign within 5 or so hours, but the hundreds of hours I've put in to the game since '08 proves that the time it takes to initially beat the game is just an investment in improving for future playthroughs; and, with that being said, it never feels like you're doing the same thing over and over.

As long as Star Fox added a bit more time to the campaign, Star Fox 64 can be beaten VERY quickly, I would be willing to pay $60. But, if we're assuming the same length and no multiplayer for this hypothetical new SF, I would agree that $60 would be asking too much.
Now Playing: LEGO Star Wars: The Complete Saga (X360); Sea of Thieves (XONE); Star Wars: Battlefront II (XONE); Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels (NES)
(message deleted)

User Info: Deltron_Zero

Deltron_Zero
5 months ago#7
TsC_PoLiTiKz posted...
For the record, a really good game can turn replayability in to something that feels like loads of content.

Very true.When i was a kid i would get out of school and play through Star Fox doing different paths listening to Queen.Of course i also did weekend days where i set aside a day to do Ninja Gaiden trilogy runs.
When you respond to trolls you not only feed them but generate ad revenue for Gamefaqs who lets them run free for ad revenue.Ignore and block trolls always!!!!

User Info: kirbyhoakage

kirbyhoakage
5 months ago#8
A starfox game that doesnt bomb needs

1. online multiplayer like warhawk up to 32 players in a match, dogfights, tanks, jeeps
2. star wars rogue squadroon like missions
3. classic star fox N64 type missions
4. star wars battle front type stuff.
FC: 3609-2443-9791

User Info: blazingsonic

blazingsonic
5 months ago#9
I understand you have your opinions and ideas, But there's no need to share them and be a jerk about it.
Account abandoned.

User Info: blazingsonic

blazingsonic
5 months ago#10
kirbyhoakage posted...
A starfox game that doesnt bomb needs

1. online multiplayer like warhawk up to 32 players in a match, dogfights, tanks, jeeps
2. star wars rogue squadroon like missions
3. classic star fox N64 type missions
4. star wars battle front type stuff.

Then it really wouldn't be Star Fox, it would just be Warhawk or Star Wars Battlefront with Star Fox taped over the title.
Account abandoned.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. A Starfox64 like Starfox-game for full price would bomb hard

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived