Is the Switch losing steam?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. Is the Switch losing steam?

User Info: DahlVaughnni

DahlVaughnni
5 months ago#1
I haven't bought a game since Mario Odyssey came out, nor do I plan to other than Octopath Traveler (and Metroid Prime 4 when it finally comes out in 2035). Does anyone else feel like the Switch is.... (and I know it's not actually) dying?.. I mean, I know the 3ds is many years old and it's on its way out, so it's understandable, but the Switch kinda feels the same as the 3ds now. Yes I know about Kirby and Yoshi. Kirby will be a nice distraction and Yoshi will disappoint like it always does since none of them can live up to the snes title (although woolly was ok).

Contrast to the ps4 and pc which comes out with must have games at a rate that I can't even keep up with. I often find myself thinking "Man I really want to play my switch", then I pick it up, turn it on, and remember there's not much to play if I'm not in the mood for Mario or Zelda.

I dunno, I expect I'm gonna get chewed up in the replies, and I expect those who don't chew me up will post all of the hundreds of games coming to the Switch that I have less than zero interest in. It just seems so full of shovelware now, games to buy on a rainy day when there's nothing better to play.

I need a game to come out that puts all other games on my backlog. Not a port, not an indie, something that will make me put everything else down because it's so good it needs all my attention. Octopath Traveler will fill that role, but what now until then?
PSN: Archlvt88

User Info: haloeighteen

haloeighteen
5 months ago#2
Sigh

User Info: shinyspheal

shinyspheal
5 months ago#3
I kinda feel the same way, but at this time of the year this is kinda normal, I gotta commend Sony tho, for having such a good lineup a this time of the year, still nothing that makes me wanna buy a PS4 that badly, besides, I'm backtracking a little on my Switch, Wii U and 3DS, still got plenty of games to try out.
3DS FC: 3711-7972-2938

User Info: Captainjiggz_

Captainjiggz_
5 months ago#4
Yes we call this a drought.

People on this board will tell you otherwise, but the mass portion of Switch owners do not purchase the slew of indies, ports, and shovelware that releases everyday.
A Captain, and a salesman for FLAMGEAR products
"Against lolis like MArio, DK, Zelda." -Supershadonic

User Info: Gamegeek123

Gamegeek123
5 months ago#5
There's nothing really. Nothing good released since MH World on PS4 either. God of War still looks boring af, Ni No Kuni II was a large disappointment, Far Cry is boring... This is a huge drought for all of gaming overall.

If RDR came out at this time, gaming would be great.. but now it's delayed to October where COD, Smash, Fire Emblem, and maybe Pokemon are going to fill up the 2nd half.
Final Fantasy IX is the biggest garbage game ever created.

User Info: freedumbdclxvi

freedumbdclxvi
5 months ago#6
We’ll find out when fourth quarter numbers are released. In the US and Japan, it’s still going strong per NPD and MC. But dunno about the rest of the world.
3DS FC: 0490-7858-5102/NS FC: SW-6739-0520-9699/PSN: freedumbdclxvi

User Info: MWXIII

MWXIII
5 months ago#7
no. I mean to me this is normal since n64, though 64 was a little different so I'll say GameCube.

I buy maybe 2 or 3 nintendo games a year. mario, Zelda, metroid and whatever random thing impresses me.

I think I had 5 Wii u games, besides the 15 or so for my son.

gamecube I had around 9.

64 I owned very few. I loved the 64 but I usually borrowed games from friends because I had a PlayStation and the library jrpg heaven
Karma, Truth, Vengeance
PSN - MWXIII NSW- 772023730916 Steam - TyrXIII/Tyr Above All B.Net - MWXIII

User Info: DUBTuner

DUBTuner
5 months ago#8
Captainjiggz_ posted...
Yes we call this a drought.

People on this board will tell you otherwise, but the mass portion of Switch owners do not purchase the slew of indies, ports, and shovelware that releases everyday.

User Info: arrrdunla

arrrdunla
5 months ago#9
Nice try, troll

User Info: Erozen

Erozen
5 months ago#10
Switch is currently hitting second gear but the time it takes to get there would be called a drought, be patient.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. Is the Switch losing steam?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived