Streets of Red: Devil's Dare Deluxe

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. Streets of Red: Devil's Dare Deluxe

User Info: jayj420

jayj420
6 months ago#1
So how does everyone feel about this game?

https://youtu.be/nZqPsuYXKAk
"In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act." - George Orwell

User Info: Darkstorm16

Darkstorm16
6 months ago#2
I’m split.....the graphics look so flash gamey which the only time I liked that was for super meat boy, the binding of Isaac....but it looks like a streets of Rage brawler which I miss so much.
Nintendo Network/PSN: Desertking24/Steam:Desertking23
Mario Maker: 4481-0000-0110-25DA

User Info: Bluntlicious

Bluntlicious
6 months ago#3
found out theres no jump. just dash and attack. watched a preview and the combat is extremely boring. might be fun as a 4 player game. i was hyped, now not so much.
MNWKA

User Info: spewman

spewman
6 months ago#4
No jump? How odd. It's on special in the australia (and Europe? ) eshop but I think I will wait for some reviews to come in.

User Info: stargazer64

stargazer64
6 months ago#5
Getting great reviews so far. Haven’t seen one that gives it less than 8/10
"Why must it always be pandemonium?!"

User Info: bellzemo

bellzemo
6 months ago#6
HEY LISTEN! lol that voice is hilarious.
-,..,- *Booyah!*

jayj420
6 months ago#7
stargazer64 posted...
Getting great reviews so far. Haven’t seen one that gives it less than 8/10

Really? I was looking for reviews.
"In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act." - George Orwell

User Info: stargazer64

stargazer64
6 months ago#8
I went ahead and bought it since it’s only $7.19. It’s pretty good. The combos and varied attacks keep things interesting, and the fear of permadeath works pretty well in this genre since you can easily get swarmed by mobs quickly. There are 6 characters to play as, and they all seem to play very differently. Co-op of course would be the preferred way to play.

It does seem to run at 30fps (unless my eyes deceive me) for those that may care (I.e. it’s not buttery smooth).

I do like that with the soul meter attacks you can easily escape from being trapped and pummeled at the expense of using your meter up. Getting trapped and juggled until death in classic beat emups was never fun.

Edit: Also, the music is great, and the constant humorous references are a nice touch
"Why must it always be pandemonium?!"

jayj420
6 months ago#9
Thanks to everyone providing your impressions.

This reviewer also seemed to really like it, only review on metacritic right now:

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/review/46974/streets-of-red-devils-dare-deluxe-switch-review
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. Streets of Red: Devil's Dare Deluxe

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived