Won't let me download "purchased" game

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. Won't let me download "purchased" game

User Info: memphis12

memphis12
1 month ago#1
I say “purchased” because I have just set up the switch for first time today with my sons account. It has no games, so it’s not that it’s alresdy downloaded.

When I go to eshop it says “purchased” on Minecraft.

When I go to redownload games it isn’t there.

It’s 100% NOT on the main screen where games normally are :/

Any ideas?
'I wrestled with an alligator,I tussled with a whale,only last week I murdered a rock, injured a stone, hospitalized a brick. I'm so mean I make medicine sick.'

User Info: Megaman Omega

Megaman Omega
1 month ago#2
Sounds weird. I would suggest checking if you have enough memory left for the game, but since you just set it up, that shouldn't be the issue.
"The Switch couldn't handle DooM." - slyman19
"Wolfenstein coming to the Switch? 0% chance." - slyman19

User Info: memphis12

memphis12
1 month ago#3
It has full memory.

If it helps. My other son has a switch too. He is the main account holder on that switch. I also have my other son signed in though... do I need to log out of other switch or something? How do I do that?
'I wrestled with an alligator,I tussled with a whale,only last week I murdered a rock, injured a stone, hospitalized a brick. I'm so mean I make medicine sick.'

User Info: New Link

New Link
1 month ago#4
I don't have a conclusive answer as on my switch I only have one account set up, but I do know there is a way to collect games from each region by using the account system, and by proxy have multiple eshop accounts.

I recommend just calling up Nintendo Support and having them walk you through what you're trying to do. They're usually pretty friendly.
-SNES- Hasta Pasta!
Sieh nur wie ich laufen kann... Mich fangst du nicht, ich bin der Lebkuchenmann!

User Info: spewman

spewman
1 month ago#5
It sounds like you are using the same account on 2 consoles? If you want to download the games tied to that account on the new console, you need to deregister the account on the old console on the eshop. Note that the games will then only be playable on the new console.

User Info: mrekli

mrekli
1 month ago#6
Make sure your system is activated in the shop options and check the download menu again.
Every service with a username: mrEkli. Google me if you must.

User Info: thedicemaster

thedicemaster
1 month ago#7
if you have 2 accounts on 1 switch and 1 of those bought a game(even if it was bought on another switch) then the other account cannot buy or download the game.

you'll have to remove the account that originally bought the game, or activate it for games on the new switch(but that blocks all digital games belonging to that account on the old switch)

it's a safeguard against buying a game twice, but it's a bit too aggressive.

User Info: meestermj

meestermj
1 month ago#8
Also, using the same account in multiple switches is a no go.
Example:
Son A has a switch A with Account A.
Son B has a switch B with Account B.

You can not log into Account A on Switch B and download games unless you stop using Account A on Switch A.
Psn: beastlytoast
Left-handed fire-slapsies leave me feeling confused about life. - Merydia

User Info: SS4_Namreppiv

SS4_Namreppiv
1 month ago#9
Go to the eshop using the main account on that system, then go to the upper right corner of the screen, you should see a small icon of the user's image with an arrow pointing to the right, click it, then when it loads, you should see your account info on the left side of the page, with wish list under that and Redownload under that, go to Redownload and select what you want to redownload.
https://youtu.be/H7-51DeTRRQ
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. Won't let me download "purchased" game

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived