Welp, Donkey Kong TF is still priced at $59.99 and releases next month

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. Welp, Donkey Kong TF is still priced at $59.99 and releases next month

User Info: Apalachicola

Apalachicola
6 months ago#51
Mediocre_Dunce posted...
Apalachicola posted...
Cartridges account for some of the increased price of Nintendo games. It’s unfortunate, but I think there are a lot of Nintendo fans willing to pay premium prices for cartridge versions of older games released on optical disc or digitally. Unfortunately, all we switch owners have to pay higher prices for games as well. We also have to pay for the hardware on the console, which is partly why a Switch costs so much more than a PS or XB, despite inferior power.

You pick your battles when marketing a major CE product. I don’t think Nintendo picked wrongly, based on their sales, though Nintendo does have the highest cost and lowest performance benchmarks.

Kinda nitpicky probably but from what I've heard the game cards on 3DS and Switch aren't really cartridges. Like, not cartridges like SNES or Genesis games.

True, but Nintendo has so far limited the capacity of the cartridges. They’re really fast, but cost much more and do not have the capacity for most games I play. I understand they will be upgraded this year to 64gb, which is enough storage for some more recent games.

Edit : I’m playing FFXIV now, a game Square has expressed interest in porting. It’s 164 GB, low resolution and seven years old. - far in excess of Nintendo’s current catridge format or technical capabilities.
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser Gate.

User Info: DrProfessor

DrProfessor
6 months ago#52
JohnTortorella posted...
But I was told over and over that it was just a placeholder
@DiscostewSM
I have a doctorate in professoring.

User Info: MEDUSAvs_SHOE

MEDUSAvs_SHOE
6 months ago#53
My guess is they had a magic number in mind with Kirby sales. Kirby sold enough to warrant $60 Kong would be my guess.

User Info: WoIverine

WoIverine
6 months ago#54
Apalachicola posted...
If it’s a great game, it’s worth paying full price, even years later.
The original’s full price or the current full price, (which is ten bucks extra)?

But yes it is a great game. I’m double dipping.
SNIKT!

User Info: Asbel__Lhant

Asbel__Lhant
6 months ago#55
It's almost like we haven't known it's going to be $60 for half a f***ing year now. What a startling revelation.
Insert something clever here. I don't really care.

User Info: GREEN00

GREEN00
6 months ago#56
Nintendo overprices their games, this is nothing new.
My collection, http://www.gamefaqs.com/users/GREEN00/games/owned?platform=0

User Info: Baha05

Baha05
6 months ago#57
GREEN00 posted...
Nintendo overprices their games, this is nothing new.

MSRP =/= Overprice
"He may be Mr. Clean, but his soul will always be dirty!"

User Info: spewman

spewman
6 months ago#58
So it's $10 more for funky kong and 1080p? Are they really not adding anything else? Also, how can they justify the same price for digital, where there is no manufacturing costs or retailer cut?

User Info: Baha05

Baha05
6 months ago#59
spewman posted...
So it's $10 more for funky kong and 1080p? Are they really not adding anything else? Also, how can they justify the same price for digital, where there is no manufacturing costs or retailer cut?

There are still this thing called development costs, plus like any game you can't have the digital sell for less then the physical.
"He may be Mr. Clean, but his soul will always be dirty!"

User Info: blazingsonic

blazingsonic
6 months ago#60
That's right everyone, Nintendo it out to steal your money, Your life and your soul, They will never stop until you are all broke and dead.
And if you really think this.........
Well that's my reaction in a nutshell.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lm_GPkOfVKI
Account abandoned.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. Welp, Donkey Kong TF is still priced at $59.99 and releases next month

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived