• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. Did you like the N64 and Gamecube?

User Info: TakashiMifune85

TakashiMifune85
1 year ago#11
I loved the N64. Still do, actually; one is hooked up to my tv as we speak. I missed out on the GameCube though because I had stopped gaming for a couple of years around that time. Nintendo did have a lot of great games that came out during the lifespan of those two consoles, even if they weren't the best-sellers of their day.
"Massive, massive quantities. And a glass of water, sweetheart, my socks are on fire!"
-- Gordon Cole

User Info: ernieforss

ernieforss
1 year ago#12
i didn't like either. i feel like n64 was the start of the fall of nintendo's console empire. Sure their first couple of years were great, but it couldn't last compared to games like FF7 and crazy tech games like Bushido Blade.

I will say that every year during the n64 era one game did deserve game of the year. so it was worth buying. But i would literally spend like $180 a year on games while on ps1 and dreamcast side would spend in the thousands.

Gamecube i feel like there were less game of the year games. PS2 was kicking it's ass. Sure i would buy all the first party games on gamecube, but back then PS2 first party games were as great as the greatest gamecube game.
I'm always 50% right all the time

User Info: Duluther

Duluther
1 year ago#13
Chemazan posted...
Most games on N64 are garbage

lol

N64 has the fewest amount of games of any Nintendo system partly because of quality control.

The polygons are outdated, but it easily had some of the best games out there.

I hate that i’m getting so old that I’m consistently reading posts from teenage talk through their ass about a system they weren’t around for.

Triggered

User Info: knightmere122

knightmere122
1 year ago#14
Both had awful controllers but some great games.
Ohio State Buckeyes: 2014-15 National Champions

User Info: Cubivore_

Cubivore_
1 year ago#15
Both have a handful of game that I love. The majority of games were trash

User Info: Lapatik

Lapatik
1 year ago#16
N64 was my childhood so I didn't mind that it had zero games back in the days

User Info: ZodiacSoldier

ZodiacSoldier
1 year ago#17
SNES was my first console so it definitely has a special place in my heart. It also had a very strong game library so it will always be one of my top consoles.

The N64 i never owned, but I did play it alot at friends/cousins house and I liked it.

Gamecube I owned and loved, there were alot of gems on that thing.
Steam: ZodiacSolder // PSN/XBox Live: ZodiacSoldierJL
3DS FC: 3797-9082-8623 // Switch FC: SW-6184-3549-7403 // FE Fates CC: 14211-52887-12563-84373

User Info: OsafuneKatana

OsafuneKatana
1 year ago#18
I enjoyed the N64 but liked the Gamecube more. I'd play it now if I could find it.
"What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets." -Dracula, Castlevania: SotN.

User Info: 0ofreako0

0ofreako0
1 year ago#19
anyone saying N64 is the best console of all time either isn't old enough to actually remember, or is being blinded by nostalgia. sure, there was some amazing games but...there weren't many. as a whole, the games weren't great.

User Info: xF0x

xF0x
1 year ago#20
I loved GameCube and it's still my top favorite Nintendo console. N64 was okay, nothing to write home about outside of a few good games.
Everything will be fire.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. Did you like the N64 and Gamecube?
  • Topic Archived