The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

Did you like the N64 and Gamecube?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. Did you like the N64 and Gamecube?

User Info: ZGearS136

ZGearS136
4 weeks ago#1
Everyone says Nintendo was at its best during the NES/SNES eras but I beg to disagree. I feel Nintendo's best games came during the N64 and Gamecube eras. Games like Mario 64, Ocarina of time, Goldeneye, Star Fox 64, Metroid Prime 1 and 2, Sunshine, Wind Waker, Twilight Princess, etc. are the pinnacle of Nintendo games imo.
(message deleted)

User Info: Shivershade

Shivershade
4 weeks ago#3
N64 is the best console ever. If anyone disagrees with me, they can come find me and i'll sort them out.

f*** off!

User Info: Chemazan

Chemazan
4 weeks ago#4
Most games on N64 are garbage

User Info: LuigiSuper7Up

LuigiSuper7Up
4 weeks ago#5
DragonBoyYuki posted...
ZGearS136 posted...
Sunshine

Stopped reading there.

You should’ve stopped reading at the first sentence.

User Info: Littlefoot

Littlefoot
4 weeks ago#6
I grew up with them, so i may have a nostalgic bias towards them. But i still consider them to be among Nintendo’s greatest consoles they’ve released.

Although looking back at it, the N64 comes off as a bit... underwhelming. The controller is weird and had a terrible analog stick, and some of it’s games have not aged particularily well.
Even a 65-million year old dinosaur can't say no to something fun as gaming.

User Info: G4meHawk

G4meHawk
4 weeks ago#7
Yup, I still got my gamecube plugged up and play pso from time to time.

User Info: DUBTuner

DUBTuner
4 weeks ago#8
DragonBoyYuki posted...
ZGearS136 posted...
Sunshine

Stopped reading there.

That's almost the end of his post.

User Info: fernantendo

fernantendo
4 weeks ago#9
N64 was my first Nintendo console (I rolled with Genesis before that).

My best friend had a Super Snes, and we'd play together/take turns of some of its best games, like Mario World, Donkey Kong Country 1 2 3, Crono Trigger, A link to the Past, and Super Metroid, among several others. So its not like I didn't know what was out there, but I was perfectly happy with my Genesis.

But N64? Oh man, that system blew me away. Mario 64 and Ocarina of Time were the most incredible gaming experiences of the time, and deeply affected me. I can still feel their impact to this day.

But on top of those, I got to play great games (for their time, at least) like Resident Evil 2, Banjo Kazooie and its sequel, DK64, Conker, Jet Force Gemini, Goldeneye and Perfect Dark, Mario Kart 64 and the Party games, Majora's Mask, and others I am not remembering.

I remember the N64 more fondly than the Super Snes I played in my friend's house. And even after playing the games of Snes I missed, I generally just enjoyed more the N64.

In regards to Gamecube, yeah, it was good, but I prefer Snes over it.
Let's get ON with it! - Bill from The Last of Us

User Info: Thrasher7170

Thrasher7170
4 weeks ago#10
I grew up with GameCube, and it’ll always hold a place in my heart as one of the best Nintendo consoles.
3.5 lbs of Sour Patch Kids makes one Sour Patch Child.
3DS FC: 2423 7884 8422
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. Did you like the N64 and Gamecube?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived