5.0.0 seems to have caused a malfunction in my dock

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. 5.0.0 seems to have caused a malfunction in my dock
(message deleted)
(message deleted)

User Info: zado19

zado19
2 months ago#23
n00bsaib0t posted...
This place f***ing blows.

n00bsaib0t posted...
“You proved me wrong, so I’ll default to ‘I didn’t ask you anyway!’, that will show you!”

It shows that I know that VGCharts is a VERY accurate gauge solely of physical sales - forte

User Info: RS_YELARAKA

RS_YELARAKA
2 months ago#24
cmbryu posted...
according to spawnwave on youtube new update is bricking systems using 3rd party docks...

Which has nothing to do with this topic.
[RSG] Red Screen Gaming
GT - YELARAKA / Switch FC: 1432-0183-6634

User Info: spewman

spewman
2 months ago#25
RS_YELARAKA posted...

It could bring into question the stability of this update and how it may affect docks, 3rd party or otherwise. What happens if the new firmware checks your dock is genuine but there are a batch of 1st party docks that have a minor defect which causes them to malfunction upon this check, for instance?

User Info: jwillenn

jwillenn
2 months ago#26
The update seems to have caused at least one other problem. I've noticed that I no longer can see video (only hear audio) watching gameplay captures on my PC. I have to first upload them to Youtube (for example), download them, and THEN I can see the video through (WMP, for example). The Switch plays back the video as well as usual. Also, I tried another game (Odyssey) just now, and had the same problem.

The last time this wasn't an issue was when I played the Kirby Star Allies demo (before update).
was playing: monster hunter world
now playing: bloodborne

User Info: IloveElite

IloveElite
2 months ago#27
Mysticbro posted...
This morning I decided to update my switch after a few days of ignoring the update. Everything was functioning normally until right after I started updating my switch. Then I noticed the light on my dock was starting to rapidly blink green and the switch was no longer displayed on my TV. I unplugged everything and plugged it all back in different orders but as soon as I plug in the AC adapter the light on the dock will rapidly blink green.

My switch works fine, the HDMI works fine, the AC adapter works fine. All the cables involved came with the switch, and nothing is 3rd party. I can still play the switch in handheld mode and charge it directly with the AC adapter, but can no longer use the dock to charge or display the switch on my TV. Clearly to me, the dock is what is malfunctioning.

It makes no sense to me why the new update would affect the interaction between the AC adapter and the port on the dock. But watching my dock malfunction as soon as I update the switch is either incredible coincidence timing-wise or a direct result from the new update. I bought everything in December and everything was great for 3 months until this update. It seems this update affects 3rd party dock replacements, and I'm not very willing to spend 70$ on a dock that ended up only working properly for 3 months.

My sons did the same 3 days ago and even though it’s still in warranty Nintendo UK want £169 to repair it. I would not complain at a reasonable fee, say £20-40 but £169 is despicable. I’ve contacted CAB about it and they put me on to Trading Standards. Nintendo have not heard the last about this.
Xyzzy

User Info: kinggravy

kinggravy
2 months ago#28
spewman posted...
RS_YELARAKA posted...

It could bring into question the stability of this update and how it may affect docks, 3rd party or otherwise. What happens if the new firmware checks your dock is genuine but there are a batch of 1st party docks that have a minor defect which causes them to malfunction upon this check, for instance?

Sounds like a reasonable conclusion.
FC: 2852-7398-0118

User Info: kinggravy

kinggravy
2 months ago#29
PaulFoster posted...
Same thing happened to my friends yesterday and Nintendo told him it would cost £170 to repair and it's still in warranty!

IloveElite posted...
Mysticbro posted...
This morning I decided to update my switch after a few days of ignoring the update. Everything was functioning normally until right after I started updating my switch. Then I noticed the light on my dock was starting to rapidly blink green and the switch was no longer displayed on my TV. I unplugged everything and plugged it all back in different orders but as soon as I plug in the AC adapter the light on the dock will rapidly blink green.

My switch works fine, the HDMI works fine, the AC adapter works fine. All the cables involved came with the switch, and nothing is 3rd party. I can still play the switch in handheld mode and charge it directly with the AC adapter, but can no longer use the dock to charge or display the switch on my TV. Clearly to me, the dock is what is malfunctioning.

It makes no sense to me why the new update would affect the interaction between the AC adapter and the port on the dock. But watching my dock malfunction as soon as I update the switch is either incredible coincidence timing-wise or a direct result from the new update. I bought everything in December and everything was great for 3 months until this update. It seems this update affects 3rd party dock replacements, and I'm not very willing to spend 70$ on a dock that ended up only working properly for 3 months.

My sons did the same 3 days ago and even though it’s still in warranty Nintendo UK want £169 to repair it. I would not complain at a reasonable fee, say £20-40 but £169 is despicable. I’ve contacted CAB about it and they put me on to Trading Standards. Nintendo have not heard the last about this.

I'm just going to throw out BTW that both of you use the same currency. It's possible NoA is servicing the issue for free and NoE isn't.
FC: 2852-7398-0118

User Info: stop3

stop3
2 months ago#30
IloveElite posted...
Mysticbro posted...

What reason did they give for not honoring the warranty? Had you voided it in some way? Because otherwise, they would have to honor the warranty. I'd call back and ask to talk to someone else, because the first person seems to be in error.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. 5.0.0 seems to have caused a malfunction in my dock

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived