• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. Best 3D Mario?

User Info: wentzelot

wentzelot
8 months ago#21
Galaxy games are trash

User Info: SilentDarkway

SilentDarkway
8 months ago#22
LuigiSuper7Up posted...
knightmere122 posted...
LuigiSuper7Up posted...
knightmere122 posted...
I didn’t include mediocre entries, please read.

Then why is 64, 3D Land and Odyssey on the list then?

Lmao not even worthy of response.

Also, what a coincidence. The other option is winning this poll.

The options on the poll still have more votes.

Combining 64/Odyssey/3D World votes = 11 votes. Other, which is a combination of the rest of the 3D Mario games only have 7.
--------------------------
Wake me up when you need me; in other words wake me up when a true successor to Super Mario World happens-----------

User Info: Captainjiggz_

Captainjiggz_
8 months ago#23
QueenTakhisis posted...
Captainjiggz_ posted...
Galaxy is objectively the best 3D Mario game. The most innovative and easily the most well designed of all of them.
I really, really want to agree with you... but I don't. Or to be precise, Galaxy is by far the one I've enjoyed the most. But I do think Galaxy 2 is by far the better game. The only problem is it's too similar to Galaxy 1, so it got boring quickly. If I had played Galaxy 2 first, it would have been the Mario-game I've enjoyed the most, and easily my number one Mario-game. But considering Galaxy 2 uses a lot of assets from Galaxy 1, I'd rather consider Galaxy 1 and 2 as parts 1 and 2 of the same game. Pretty much like we had Ultima 7: Black Gate and Ultimate 7 Part 2: Serpent Isle back in the day. Serpent Isle was suposed to be Ultima 8, but was so close to Ultima 7 that they called it Part 2 instead.

Probably the only reason why I only say Galaxy 1 when I say Galaxy. Galaxy 2 felt too much like Galaxy 1, but without the charm. It was basically DLC as it's own game. The game was originally supposed to be a Super Mario Galaxy Plus, which was the original game but with more expanded content. Instead they decided to call it a sequel, and I feel that's where I hit the bricks with it at.
A Captain, and a salesman for FLAMGEAR products
"Against lolis like MArio, DK, Zelda." -Supershadonic

User Info: Technickal1

Technickal1
8 months ago#24
3D World >= Odyssey > Galaxy 2 > 3D Land > Galaxy > Sunshine >>> 64
3DS FC: 0705-2213-8367
FE14 MC Address: 06522-09932-36503-79745

User Info: Usabell

Usabell
8 months ago#25
Captainjiggz_ posted...
Galaxy is objectively the best 3D Mario game. The most innovative and easily the most well designed of all of them.
Consoles shouldn't be about 480p, 720p, 1080p or the prettiest slideshow.
They're about a magical box that outputs wonderful streams of 60 images per second.

Captainjiggz_
8 months ago#26
SilentDarkway posted...
LuigiSuper7Up posted...
knightmere122 posted...
LuigiSuper7Up posted...
knightmere122 posted...

Combining 64/Odyssey/3D World votes = 11 votes. Other, which is a combination of the rest of the 3D Mario games only have 7.

Uh...???
Uh??????????????

Since when do all the other options count as one option?
You guys are getting really desperate here. I don't like odyssey yet you don't see me trying to nitpick and play petty child with people who do like it.

User Info: SilentDarkway

SilentDarkway
8 months ago#27
Captainjiggz_ posted...
SilentDarkway posted...
LuigiSuper7Up posted...
knightmere122 posted...
LuigiSuper7Up posted...
knightmere122 posted...

Uh...???
Uh??????????????

You guys are getting really desperate here. I don't like odyssey yet you don't see me trying to nitpick and play petty child with people who do like it.

He said "other" is winning to downplay the choices on the poll.

The "other" option is logically split between 3D Land, Sunshine, Galaxy 1, and Galaxy 2. 4 games.

You seriously think literally everyone voting for the "other" option is literally voting for one specific game?

If you do, then that's the very definition of "nitpicking and being the petty child and being desperate".
--------------------------
Wake me up when you need me; in other words wake me up when a true successor to Super Mario World happens-----------
(message deleted)

Captainjiggz_
8 months ago#29
SilentDarkway posted...
Captainjiggz_ posted...
SilentDarkway posted...
LuigiSuper7Up posted...
knightmere122 posted...
LuigiSuper7Up posted...
knightmere122 posted...

Uh...???
Uh??????????????

He said "other" is winning to downplay the choices on the poll.

The "other" option is logically split between 3D Land, Sunshine, Galaxy 1, and Galaxy 2. 4 games.

You seriously think literally everyone voting for the "other" option is literally voting for one specific game?

If you do, then that's the very definition of "nitpicking and being the petty child and being desperate".

Uh, no, I never said all the votes for other were one game, and adding 4 games against 3 is dumb. The point of voting for the other option is to show excluding games because you don't like them is dumb. That and Luigi7UP said those games in the poll were mediocre, to which TC said was wrong. THAT'S the irony. He believes none of those games are mediocre, yet the section for games he thinks are mediocre are losing. How the hell do you ask a question, then remove answers to the question?

"what's the best 3d mario?"
"oh by the way, I mean only out of this selection of games, I removed the 3D Marios I don't want here"

Not to mention, there's only 3 games in other. Galaxy 1 and 2, and Sunshine.

User Info: LuigiSuper7Up

LuigiSuper7Up
8 months ago#30
When I said Odyssey, 64 and 3D Land were mediocre, I didn’t really mean it.

I do think that Galaxies, 3D World and Odyssey are the best games, even though Odyssey could’ve been better.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. Best 3D Mario?
  • Topic Archived