All these docks bricking systems, I charge with a usb-c and phone wall adapter?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. All these docks bricking systems, I charge with a usb-c and phone wall adapter?

User Info: Noyack

Noyack
6 months ago#1
I use the Nintendo usb-c cable but have it plugged into a phone wall adapter for portable charging. is that not safe?
Brought to you by GameFlux
Free GameFAQs app on Google Play!

User Info: Captainjiggz_

Captainjiggz_
6 months ago#2
no, I think you may be fine, soley because the problem with Docks are, the docks themselves can unload the switch and let it output at full resolution on the TV screen. I'm guessing docks are the problem because they have to access the ability to do that in the first place. Nintendo may've detected this as tampering if anything.

I honestly wish Nintendo would stop trying to focus on making the Switch super hackerman proof, and make the Switch an actual console worth owning. There are so many features missing that it makes no sense, and it's been a year.
A Captain, and a salesman for FLAMGEAR products
"Against lolis like MArio, DK, Zelda." -Supershadonic

User Info: HeartOfValor

HeartOfValor
6 months ago#3
It's fine. The Nintendo charger is like any other fast USB-C charger (with matching voltage and amps).

User Info: Noyack

Noyack
6 months ago#4
I completely disagree. I am loving the switch. I appreciate that it is focused on just games. I do agree that it should have bluetooth audio options, but the sysyem is more than worth buying.
Posted using GameFlux
Get it now for Android from Google Play!

User Info: stop3

stop3
6 months ago#5
HeartOfValor posted...
It's fine. The Nintendo charger is like any other fast USB-C charger (with matching voltage and amps).

Like any other usb-c device, beware of bad cables that can fry your Switch:
https://gizmodo.com/cheap-usb-c-cables-could-kill-your-phone-or-laptop-1757115350

User Info: DarkDemon373

DarkDemon373
6 months ago#6
Wait what docks are bricking systems? After market ones or the dock's that came with the Switch? Should I not keep mine in sleep mode in its dock?

User Info: BladeManEXE

BladeManEXE
6 months ago#7
DarkDemon373 posted...
Wait what docks are bricking systems? After market ones or the dock's that came with the Switch? Should I not keep mine in sleep mode in its dock?

Only instances I've heard of were a third party dock, and I think only one early batch from one brand at that.

User Info: kinggravy

kinggravy
6 months ago#8
Should be fine. I've been using a 3rd party USB C cable and wall charger for some time. My system isn't bricked.

DarkDemon373 posted...

3rd party docks, after update 5.0
FC: 2852-7398-0118

User Info: DarkDemon373

DarkDemon373
6 months ago#9
BladeManEXE posted...
DarkDemon373 posted...

Only instances I've heard of were a third party dock, and I think only one early batch from one brand at that.

That's what I heard. The topic title suggested that it's a common issue so I wanted to be sure.

User Info: 0ofreako0

0ofreako0
6 months ago#10
Captainjiggz_ posted...
I honestly wish Nintendo would stop trying to focus on making the Switch super hackerman proof, and make the Switch an actual console worth owning

but...

it's already a console worth owning? not having an internet browser or netflix doesn't suddenly make it not worth owning...
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. All these docks bricking systems, I charge with a usb-c and phone wall adapter?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived