The lack of an achievement system is pretty noticeable with Human Fall Flat

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. The lack of an achievement system is pretty noticeable with Human Fall Flat

User Info: DUBTuner

DUBTuner
4 months ago#11
Sethman409 posted...
HeartOfValor posted...
Christ, who the hell cares? Do people need achievements for everything mundane now? Soon kids will throw a tantrum for not getting an achievement for starting the game.

You get one in Steins;Gate for opening the game, but it seems more satire than anything.

You get one in The Simpsons Game for pressing start in the "Press Start" screen.
(message deleted)

User Info: Sethman409

Sethman409
4 months ago#13
DUBTuner posted...
Sethman409 posted...
HeartOfValor posted...
Christ, who the hell cares? Do people need achievements for everything mundane now? Soon kids will throw a tantrum for not getting an achievement for starting the game.

You get one in Steins;Gate for opening the game, but it seems more satire than anything.

You get one in The Simpsons Game for pressing start in the "Press Start" screen.

You get 2 in Deadpool for doing nothing.
Ib,Persona 4G,Explorers of Sky,Stella Glow,Cold Steel 2,Bayonetta 2,Uncharted 4,Valkyrie Drive,FE:Fates,Persona 5,Criminal Girls,Senran Kagura EV, Conception II

User Info: Captainjiggz_

Captainjiggz_
4 months ago#14
DarkDemon373 posted...
chief606 posted...
DarkDemon373 posted...
Questionmarktarius posted...
There's an area that's been created, and filled with meaningless busywork, just to pop an achievement.
Think about that.

Or you know, a little something for having solved an obscure puzzle most people wouldn't find. Christ you people have to s*** on everything.

This. I love my trophies. But, I don't let them get in the way of enjoying a game. But having a system on switch like this would be nothing but good. For people who don't like them, they don't have to worry about them at all. But this is gamefaqs. Where " I don't like it!" Means, "it shouldn't be there at all because it doesn't suit MY needs."

Yea, Inb4 this topic becomes a cesspool of people complaining about special snowflakes, when in reality, having an achievement system would not affect those that don't want it in the least bit.

"I don't want it so nobody should have it."

It's more like, why do you even want one?

That's such a waste of development time on firmware.
There are so many other things people want or the switch needs, who the hell cares about artificial rewards? Do you people really need participation trophies at every turn holy s***.
A Captain, and a salesman for FLAMGEAR products
"Against lolis like MArio, DK, Zelda." -Supershadonic

User Info: prettyprincess

prettyprincess
4 months ago#15
while there is certainly more to the gathering than merely 'busywork' due to the game's design focus of internal satisfaction at overcoming its physics, it is true that as a form of achievement there should be some in game reaction/reward for its tasks

I personally would like to see achievements come to the Switch but the games themselves should reward players first, whether that be an included checklist of tasks (ex: Shovel Knight, Isaac) or an aforementioned in game reward
And in an infinite regress, tell me, why is the pain of birth lighter borne than the pain of death?

User Info: feraldrgn

feraldrgn
4 months ago#16
There's an area that's been created, and filled with meaningless busywork, just to pop an achievement.
Think about that.

Isn't that what gaming in general is though? Meaningless busywork for a sense of achievement.
The only difference is you get a bunch of numbers to look at telling you & everybody else you've accomplished a particular task.
Both as meaningless as each other.

User Info: locksmithblack

locksmithblack
4 months ago#17
feraldrgn posted...
Think about that.

Isn't that what gaming in general is though? Meaningless busywork for a sense of achievement.
The only difference is you get a bunch of numbers to look at telling you & everybody else you've accomplished a particular task.

This one in particular is an example of how achievements can be gimmicky. The fact that TC and I'm sure others have pointed out a noticeable absence is a problem with the game.
Haters = Motivators

User Info: HeartOfValor

HeartOfValor
4 months ago#18
feraldrgn posted...
Think about that.

That may be true but if the game's purpose was to fill out a checklist of achievements, then they should have included it. If it's just something neat to discover, then who cares?

User Info: stop3

stop3
4 months ago#19
MabinogiFan posted...
I don't think the game even has an in-game achievement-like system, to my knowledge.

Well, there's the problem! No matter the system, a game won't have achievements that the programmers don't program into it.

User Info: Captainjiggz_

Captainjiggz_
4 months ago#20
stop3 posted...
MabinogiFan posted...
I don't think the game even has an in-game achievement-like system, to my knowledge.

Well, there's the problem! No matter the system, a game won't have achievements that the programmers don't program into it.

Just wanted to say, if Devs cared about achievements as much as everyone else seems to, they'd implement it into their games, but they don't. Really wonder why huh.......
A Captain, and a salesman for FLAMGEAR products
"Against lolis like MArio, DK, Zelda." -Supershadonic
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. The lack of an achievement system is pretty noticeable with Human Fall Flat

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived