Switch broken? Help!

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. Switch broken? Help!

User Info: spewman

spewman
7 months ago#11
ZX81Steve posted...
Cubivore_ posted...
contact Nintendo, they'll fix it.

I have but I can't afford the £169 they quoted me :(

If you have a friend or family member with a switch transfer your profile to theirs before the battery runs flat until you can afford to get your switch repaired.

User Info: Nathanmg

Nathanmg
7 months ago#12
If it's not charging or dock switching then it sounds like a damaged port, does it look like it's bent inside the port? You might be able to straighten it if so, worth a go. Otherwise double check it's clear/no dust build up etc
PSN: Nathanmg
3DS: 1006-0862-7392

User Info: ZX81Steve

ZX81Steve
7 months ago#13
Nathanmg posted...
If it's not charging or dock switching then it sounds like a damaged port, does it look like it's bent inside the port? You might be able to straighten it if so, worth a go. Otherwise double check it's clear/no dust build up etc

Nope, the usb-c port looks fine, nothing damaged, chipped or bent.
Gaming since 1978 | Currently on PC, PS4 Pro and Switch

User Info: Nathanmg

Nathanmg
7 months ago#14
Likely damaged on the circuitry side then, unless you feel comfortable opening it up and having a look sounds like you're f***ed :(

Where did you buy it from btw?
PSN: Nathanmg
3DS: 1006-0862-7392

User Info: Mabus51

Mabus51
7 months ago#15
@ZX81Steve call Nintendo support. Sounds like a firmware issue. Most likely they’ll have a fix for you that you can do over the phone. Doubt it’s any hardware issue.

Although if you’ve used one of those 3rd party portable docks. Those tend to fry the USB port. So if that’s the case, take it up with the 3rd party manufacture.

ZX81Steve
7 months ago#16
Nathanmg posted...
Likely damaged on the circuitry side then, unless you feel comfortable opening it up and having a look sounds like you're f***ed :(

Where did you buy it from btw?

Bought it from Argos, already phoned them and they said contact Nintendo
(message deleted)

ZX81Steve
7 months ago#18
Mabus51 posted...
@ZX81Steve call Nintendo support. Sounds like a firmware issue. Most likely they’ll have a fix for you that you can do over the phone. Doubt it’s any hardware issue.

Although if you’ve used one of those 3rd party portable docks. Those tend to fry the USB port. So if that’s the case, take it up with the 3rd party manufacture.

I guess I'm pretty much stuffed tbh. I phoned Nintendo and they said it would be approx £169, I've been scouting around third party repair sites and the cheapest I found was £130.

I cannot afford either so I guess I'm stuffed. Sadly I still have £32 on the eshop account which is going to be lost now and I have the digital games Skyrim, XC2 and many others which being digital I cannot trade in and get a little money back.

I'm just really pissed off right now as I've always treated the Switch with care, put a glass screen protector on it day one and I was always careful when docking it and kept it in its soft case when not using it.

User Info: ForteXX

ForteXX
7 months ago#19
If it's only 7 days out of warranty you might try getting aggressive with customer support. It's pretty ridiculous for this to happen right after that, and some insisting might go a long way. There's worse customer support than Nintendo, it's worth a shot. Keep them on the phone long enough and you may luck out.

User Info: HeartOfValor

HeartOfValor
7 months ago#20
It sounds like a board problem, and you'll have to open it up to repair if you're pro. Might as well try since the warranty is over. Otherwise, you can try to sell it at a discount. You have my sympathy.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. Switch broken? Help!

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived