Hopefully Kirby flopping will be a red light for Hal.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. Hopefully Kirby flopping will be a red light for Hal.

User Info: Torgo

Torgo
1 month ago#51
ITT:

"Wah! It's not fair! I hate Kirby! Metacritic is GOD and anything below 99 is a bad score! I don't like Kirby and I want to prove how much of a big-boy gamer I am!"

You tell them TC!
Gamefaqs: The original home of 'Alternative Facts'...

User Info: Chilly0123

Chilly0123
1 month ago#52
Captainjiggz_ posted...
Except FFXV is still a bad game, and most everyone thinks so.

Except you're wrong, a bad game wouldn't be making it to the top sales charts on Steam with very positive reviews if "everyone" thinks its really that bad. Stop being fooled by the vocal minority who continue to greatly over exaggerate the game's flaws.

User Info: Captainjiggz_

Captainjiggz_
1 month ago#53
Chilly0123 posted...
Captainjiggz_ posted...
Except FFXV is still a bad game, and most everyone thinks so.

Except you're wrong, a bad game wouldn't be making it to the top sales charts on Steam with very positive reviews if "everyone" thinks its really that bad. Stop being fooled by the vocal minority who continue to greatly over exaggerate the game's flaws.

Sales don't really dictate quality.

The same way most people have Botw, and think the game isn't perfect.
Are you going to imply the reviews on metacritic are end all be all?
A Captain, and a salesman for FLAMGEAR products
"Against lolis like MArio, DK, Zelda." -Supershadonic

Captainjiggz_
1 month ago#54
Torgo posted...
ITT:

"Wah! It's not fair! I hate Kirby! Metacritic is GOD and anything below 99 is a bad score! I don't like Kirby and I want to prove how much of a big-boy gamer I am!"

You tell them TC!

Seeing how you interpreted what I said in the OP, I dunno about game scores, but your IQ being as low as Kirby's metacritic score is pretty bad.

User Info: freedumbdclxvi

freedumbdclxvi
1 month ago#55
Captainjiggz_ posted...

Captainjiggz_ posted...
I assure you, it's already performing poorly in reviews. And Kirby has been on the decline in terms of sales for every game that released after RTD, other than TD I think.

I’m going to have to ask for some clarification. You initially claimed declining sales and poor reviews were proof of a flop, but now good sales and reviews aren’t proof of a good game. What criteria are you using, just for clarity?
3DS FC: 0490-7858-5102/NS FC: SW-6739-0520-9699/PSN: freedumbdclxvi

Captainjiggz_
1 month ago#56
freedumbdclxvi posted...
Captainjiggz_ posted...

Captainjiggz_ posted...
I assure you, it's already performing poorly in reviews. And Kirby has been on the decline in terms of sales for every game that released after RTD, other than TD I think.

I’m going to have to ask for some clarification. You initially claimed declining sales and poor reviews were proof of a flop, but now good sales and reviews aren’t proof of a good game. What criteria are you using, just for clarity?

Sales do not dictate quality, but it does dictate whether a game has flopped or not.
Those two statements have nothing in relevance with each other more than the fact that they mention sales. The latter statement had more to do with releasing RTD yet again and the game flopping, the former was responding to the poster above saying FFXV selling means it's a good game.

User Info: freedumbdclxvi

freedumbdclxvi
1 month ago#57
Captainjiggz_ posted...
freedumbdclxvi posted...
Captainjiggz_ posted...

Captainjiggz_ posted...

Sales do not dictate quality, but it does dictate whether a game has flopped or not.
Those two statements have nothing in relevance with each other more than the fact that they mention sales. The latter statement had more to do with releasing RTD yet again and the game flopping, the former was responding to the poster above saying FFXV selling means it's a good game.

They actually do have relevance, as you claimed poor reviews and declining sales were proof of a flop. If your initial comment regarding declining sales was a throwaway statement unrelated to your overall claim, then you didn’t clarify it as such. Further, the standards you established early in the thread you are disregarding now when presented with a game that fulfills those standards. It’s coming off as if your claims are purely arbitrary based on your personal views of whatever game is being discussed.
3DS FC: 0490-7858-5102/NS FC: SW-6739-0520-9699/PSN: freedumbdclxvi

User Info: berusnoir

berusnoir
1 month ago#58
RoyalDroneX posted...
alright TC, then what do you want Hal to do with Kirby? Make it more grimdark? add more "mature story plots"?

More boobs and ir would be More mature

Captainjiggz_
1 month ago#59
freedumbdclxvi posted...
Captainjiggz_ posted...
freedumbdclxvi posted...
Captainjiggz_ posted...

Captainjiggz_ posted...

They actually do have relevance, as you claimed poor reviews and declining sales were proof of a flop. If your initial comment regarding declining sales was a throwaway statement unrelated to your overall claim, then you didn’t clarify it as such. Further, the standards you established early in the thread you are disregarding now when presented with a game that fulfills those standards. It’s coming off as if your claims are purely arbitrary based on your personal views of whatever game is being discussed.

A game flopping doesn't mean it's bad. It's more refering to the performance of a game.
But simply put, bad games are the games that are more likely to flop.

For example, Robobot sold worse than the previous games, and you could consider that a flop in performance even with decent reviews, and I don't think it's a bad game. It's okay.

The core point was, sales are not the end all be all for a game's quality, which is why I established in the OP that my opinions on the game lined up with the other reviewer, even the ones with the better scores said the game felt stale. Sales are the largest dictator to performance though, which is where I placed my statement on sales being on the decline for the series. Review scores also help punch the game down too.
And like I said, the RTD formula is on the decline in sales. That doesn't mean it's bad, that means people don't really want it anymore. SA is completely deserving of a mediocre title though.

User Info: kinggravy

kinggravy
1 month ago#60
Captainjiggz_ posted...
freedumbdclxvi posted...
Captainjiggz_ posted...

Captainjiggz_ posted...

Sales figures aren't even out yet, so if that's your criteria this topic was in haste.
FC: 2852-7398-0118
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. Hopefully Kirby flopping will be a red light for Hal.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived