Turning the Switch off

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. Turning the Switch off

User Info: FlameAbsol

FlameAbsol
4 months ago#11
I take Switch out of dock, hold 'Home' button until the screen popped up, press to turn off the Switch, then I put it in the 'plastic wrapper' (or bag or whatever you call it) it came with and put it next to the dock.

...I keep my Switch screen clean when I don't use it.
I am deaf and One's GT: Flame Haze SnS
http://i.imgur.com/YLOVw7t.gif

User Info: Gargomon251

Gargomon251
4 months ago#12
FlameAbsol posted...
I take Switch out of dock, hold 'Home' button until the screen popped up, press to turn off the Switch, then I put it in the 'plastic wrapper' (or bag or whatever you call it) it came with and put it next to the dock.

...I keep my Switch screen clean when I don't use it.

Wouldn't it make more sense to put it IN the dock?
>Trolling is not someone posting an opinion that differs from yours
If the mods ban me, you can find me at u/Gargomon251

User Info: spewman

spewman
4 months ago#13
crazyray47 posted...
Gaia093 posted...
Keep the Power button pressed for a few seconds, then a menu will appear in which you have the option to shut it down completely.

Only get the option for sleep. Guess I’ll hold it down longer

Are you holding the power button (on the actual switch) not the home button on the controller?

User Info: crazyray47

crazyray47
4 months ago#14
spewman posted...
crazyray47 posted...
Gaia093 posted...
Keep the Power button pressed for a few seconds, then a menu will appear in which you have the option to shut it down completely.

Are you holding the power button (on the actual switch) not the home button on the controller?

Sooo I looked at the top of my switch and there the power button was. I feel like such a f***ing dumbass lol

User Info: ORANGE666

ORANGE666
4 months ago#15
crazyray47 posted...
spewman posted...
crazyray47 posted...
Gaia093 posted...

Sooo I looked at the top of my switch and there the power button was. I feel like such a f***ing dumbass lol

Have you tried an IQ test before?

User Info: crazyray47

crazyray47
4 months ago#16
ORANGE666 posted...
crazyray47 posted...
spewman posted...
crazyray47 posted...
Gaia093 posted...

Have you tried an IQ test before?

Happens to the best of us. I’m used to the power button being on the front like the New 3ds.

User Info: Silly_One

Silly_One
4 months ago#17
I only put mine to sleep as well. I've heard you should restart it from time to time, though.
This isn't a signature.

User Info: Gargomon251

Gargomon251
4 months ago#18
Silly_One posted...
I only put mine to sleep as well. I've heard you should restart it from time to time, though.

I think it automatically restarts whenever there's an update, so that's the only time I do
>Trolling is not someone posting an opinion that differs from yours
If the mods ban me, you can find me at u/Gargomon251

User Info: Rasputin77

Rasputin77
4 months ago#19
Gargomon251 posted...
So? Do we need to keep repeating ourselves?

That depends on if you can keep your trembling fingers from obsessively clicking (and pissing pants over) a thread you know already exists... again... and AGAIN.

Do I have to give you the "why duplicate threads exist on GameFAQs" speech again? Or are you one of the many users who tune me out as soon as I start making sense? XD

Anonymity is a curious creature... especially for those on futile crusades they truly realize, deep down, will never accomplish anything. ;)
"This console is 'competing' with the others... just don't compare the features this one doesn't have!" -- Insecurity at its finest

User Info: DarkDemon373

DarkDemon373
4 months ago#20
crazyray47 posted...
spewman posted...
crazyray47 posted...
Gaia093 posted...

Congrats TC! Now you also know where the volume buttons are!
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. Turning the Switch off

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived