• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. If Sony and Microsoft decided to make their own SWITCH?

User Info: kungpowchicken

kungpowchicken
9 months ago#1
How would you react!? - Results (167 votes)
I'd buy the PS version
24.55% (41 votes)
I'd buy the Microsoft version
2.4% (4 votes)
I'd stick with the Switch
25.75% (43 votes)
We'd have to see what they offered/ what support they'd get.
25.75% (43 votes)
My Switch would function as solely a Smash machine
0% (0 votes)
The Switch would need to get the ball rolling on VC to survive
0.6% (1 vote)
I'd get them all, because games are awesome and I'll empty my wallet
8.38% (14 votes)
I'd hate if this ever happened
4.79% (8 votes)
I don't play video games
1.8% (3 votes)
I'd be seriously worried about my bank account
5.99% (10 votes)
This poll is now closed.
If both companies jumped on the bandwagon and made similar consoles as the Switch,
+Same concept as Switch in terms of play at home or take anywhere.
+with their respective flagship titles
+Graphically superior/ more powerful hardware
+Exact replicas of their home console e-Shops and online subscriptions (not including every single game)
+Fully realized online services and gameplay, traditional voice chat capabilities, and friends list
+*** The third party support that would most likely flood a more powerful console of this type, especially with the good support Sony and Microsoft receive.

Would you buy any of these systems? Would you remain 100% loyal to the OG that is Switch?
With the strength of the Switch concept and sales, I see other companies POSSIBLY taking a new approach towards next gen. Clearly consumers crave the hybrid design.
What would you like to be seen on a competitions console?
This is a fun discussion topic, share some ideas! The future can be a funny thing.
How do you think Nintendo would keep up?

EDITS = ***
Switch: 6101-9489-6414, 3DS: 2638-4326-3928
PS4: kungpowchickn

User Info: pancrada

pancrada
9 months ago#2
If the consoles are good and have good exclusives, I'd love to get them.

User Info: kungpowchicken

kungpowchicken
9 months ago#3
@pancrada Same! I don’t see either dropping the idea of powerful home consoles but I think a “add-on” portable device that stores your bought games on a memory card to be played where ever is totally possible. A handheld for whoever wants one, totally optional. Games coded so that they can only be played on one system at a time.
Switch: 6101-9489-6414, 3DS: 2638-4326-3928
PS4: kungpowchickn

User Info: MikkelGL

MikkelGL
9 months ago#4
I'd say they should stick to homeconsoles.
Jeg er dansk.

User Info: Nathanmg

Nathanmg
9 months ago#5
I bought the psp, I bought the Vita (and vita TV) and I'd buy any other hypothetical PS branded 'portable' moving forward.

Generally speaking though I tend to buy any console with Nintendo or Sony on it.
PSN: Nathanmg
3DS: 1006-0862-7392

User Info: Sarlandogo

Sarlandogo
9 months ago#6
bought the psp, vita so any handheld ps is welcome
PSN: Nirlandogo (JP) GeneralRevil369 (SG) 3DS: 3067- 9028 - 2506 FC: SW-8480-5066-8326
SRW FANBOY Currently Playing SRW V and Z2 Saisei-hen

User Info: Gietzy

Gietzy
9 months ago#7
I’d buy any portable that concentrated on “console style” games. Love my Switch. Makes me wish I’d got a Vita and PSP when they were current. As long as MS gets some decent first party games I’d get their portable too.

Personally I think the Switch has made the Vita’s replacement and an MS portable a much nearer reality and I suspect they will come with a TV dock and will be compatible with main console controllers.
My systems: SNES, GameBoy, Megadrive, PS1, N64, PS2, GCN, PS3, XBox360, Wii, WiiU, PS4, XBOne, Switch
PSN/XBLive: Willavom

User Info: penguinrocks123

penguinrocks123
9 months ago#8
I bought the vita they gave up on it too soon. Sooooo I'm not trusting them at all with handhelds unless they actually show me proof that they are willing to support it long term. Same with Microsoft not because they don't support their product I just don't know how many games/exclusives they'll actually have.

User Info: nightblade_hawk

nightblade_hawk
9 months ago#9
Sony did, it was called the PS Vita. Sadly the thing flopped.
Super Nintendo Fan since 1991

User Info: joeyd5150

joeyd5150
9 months ago#10
Nathanmg posted...
I bought the psp, I bought the Vita (and vita TV) and I'd buy any other hypothetical PS branded 'portable' moving forward.

Generally speaking though I tend to buy any console with Nintendo or Sony on it.
The original joeyd.
Leave the hoonting of hoonters to me.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. If Sony and Microsoft decided to make their own SWITCH?
  • Topic Archived