• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. Can you use any MicroSD Card for the Switch or only the Nintendo/Sandisc ones

User Info: Darkdragoon324

Darkdragoon324
1 year ago#11
Trumpanzee posted...
Darkdragoon324 posted...
The Nintendo one is literally only more expensive because it has the Nintendo logo on it, AND you can ONLY use it for the Switch, it doesn't even function as a normal SD card.

Not true. Why say anything if you don't know what you're talking about.

The Nintendo branded SD cards work in any other device that accepts micro SD cards.

I thought I read it when I was looking up what kind of card I needed, so either the website was wrong or I misread it.

The fact stands that the only reason for the price difference is having f***ing LInk and Mario on the packaging.
"My name is Leonard Church, and you will fear my laser face"

User Info: HITSQUAD187

HITSQUAD187
1 year ago#12
blorfenburger posted...
Pretend the Nintendo ones don't exist. It is literally a scam

yep, Nintendo hoping to cash in on a bunch of dumb moms.
Dread the Red

User Info: Alex_Masterson

Alex_Masterson
1 year ago#13
When I compared cards last week, the only difference I found was the Nintendo-branded ones listed a data read speed of up to 100MB/sec. The others had speeds between 80-95MB/sec. So it is up to you if you feel the faster speed for loading games is worth the higher price. I personally do not know if a 10-20MB/sec slower speed makes much of a difference.

User Info: TheDuskwalker

TheDuskwalker
1 year ago#14
blorfenburger posted...

I remember when I my 200GB Sandisc on amazon, then I saw the 128GB Nintendo one, also from Sandisc, in stores when buying a eshop card and it was the same price, actually a bit more. I couldn't help but laugh a little.

User Info: Anti Hero

Anti Hero
1 year ago#15
HITSQUAD187 posted...
blorfenburger posted...

yep, Nintendo hoping to cash in on a bunch of dumb moms.

More like Sandisk (since Nintendo already cash in on licensing it to them)
THE CAKE IS A LIE!!!

User Info: DUBTuner

DUBTuner
1 year ago#16
Love how people blame Nintendo for this scam when they are not even involved.

User Info: Manic_Prime

Manic_Prime
1 year ago#17
I use a Samsung card and have had no problems. Choose whichever brand you trust most and you'll be fine.

TheDuskwalker posted...
blorfenburger posted...

I remember when I my 200GB Sandisc on amazon, then I saw the 128GB Nintendo one, also from Sandisc, in stores when buying a eshop card and it was the same price, actually a bit more. I couldn't help but laugh a little.

What were the read/write specs for each? Some cards from the same brand are more expensive than others. Samsung, for example, has "EVO" and "PRO" branded cards with different prices for the same capacity. So, unless the specs of the cards with the exception of the capacity are the same, I would hold off on laughing about the difference in price. However, Nintendo branded products are bound to be more expensive due to the licensing costs to use the brand.
GameFAQs, you will never find a more wretched hive of scum and vulgarity. We must be cautious.

User Info: TheDuskwalker

TheDuskwalker
1 year ago#18
Manic_Prime posted...

What were the read/write specs for each? Some cards from the same brand are more expensive than others. Samsung, for example, has "EVO" and "PRO" branded cards with different prices for the same capacity. So, unless the specs of the cards with the exception of the capacity are the same, I would hold off on laughing about the difference in price. However, Nintendo branded products are bound to be more expensive due to the licensing costs to use the brand.

One I got was.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B073JY5T7T/ref=olp_product_details?_encoding=UTF8&me=

Nintendo one is.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B075RH8PTL/ref=olp_product_details?_encoding=UTF8&me=

User Info: CreativeName487

CreativeName487
1 year ago#19
PainkillerD posted...
blorfenburger posted...

Cyber Akuma Zero posted...
Make sure you are buying it from Amazon themselves and not a 3rd party re-seller selling on amazon, LOTS of fakes out there.

It should say "Shipped and sold by Amazon" and not just "Fulfilled by Amazon"

Also, check the type of microSD card

http://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/22481/~/microsd-card-faq

Oh no I just saw this, so this won’t work? https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B06XWZWYVP/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1520919455&sr=8-1&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&keywords=micro+sd+card+128gb&dpPl=1&dpID=417GrTrMCfL&ref=plSrch
3DS FC: 3625-9522-4724
IGN: Jack | Proud member of C.E.A.L. and Admin of Solgaleo's Pokepuff | My Event List: http://tinyurl.com/hxro7kc | TSV: 2360
(message deleted)
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. Can you use any MicroSD Card for the Switch or only the Nintendo/Sandisc ones
  • Topic Archived