• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. Can you use any MicroSD Card for the Switch or only the Nintendo/Sandisc ones

User Info: Alex_Masterson

Alex_Masterson
9 months ago#21
CreativeName487 posted...

Oh no I just saw this, so this won’t work?

Look at the close-up pics on the Amazon site. The card says micro sdxc right on it. Switch memory cards are not proprietary like the crap that Sony made you buy for the Vita.

User Info: CreativeName487

CreativeName487
9 months ago#22
Alex_Masterson posted...
CreativeName487 posted...

Oh no I just saw this, so this won’t work?

Look at the close-up pics on the Amazon site. The card says micro sdxc right on it. Switch memory cards are not proprietary like the crap that Sony made you buy for the Vita.

Oh thanks lol
3DS FC: 3625-9522-4724
IGN: Jack | Proud member of C.E.A.L. and Admin of Solgaleo's Pokepuff | My Event List: http://tinyurl.com/hxro7kc | TSV: 2360

User Info: Paulf001

Paulf001
9 months ago#23
Nintendo charges a premium for putting a Nintendo logo on it but its the same thing as any other SD card of the same size and you can use any micro sd card on the Switch.

User Info: Sega9599

Sega9599
9 months ago#24
Paulf001 posted...
Nintendo charges a premium for putting a Nintendo logo on it but its the same thing as any other SD card of the same size and you can use any micro sd card on the Switch.

But as somebody else pointed out, the speeds are higher so games load faster
Needed: New Pokemon Puzzle League, Shining Force and Left 4 Dead....

User Info: Nathanmg

Nathanmg
9 months ago#25
Sega9599 posted...
Paulf001 posted...

But as somebody else pointed out, the speeds are higher so games load faster

I thought the Switch didn't make use of speeds higher than 70 or so?
PSN: Nathanmg
3DS: 1006-0862-7392

User Info: spewman

spewman
9 months ago#26
This article suggests as long as it's uhs 1 or higher then it doesn't really matter.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2017-best-microsd-cards-for-switch-loading-time-comparison_7

User Info: NintendoGamer83

NintendoGamer83
9 months ago#27
Darkdragoon324 posted...
AND you can ONLY use it for the Switch,

We got proof for that?
Treat trolls how they treat you. They hate it and that's hilarious.
Pony is classed as flaming. Drone isn't. Double standard confirmed.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. Can you use any MicroSD Card for the Switch or only the Nintendo/Sandisc ones
  • Topic Archived