• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. Can you use any MicroSD Card for the Switch or only the Nintendo/Sandisc ones

User Info: CreativeName487

CreativeName487
10 months ago#1
Sorry if this is stupid but I was wondering because a Sandisc 128gm Micro SD card is $40 on Amazon, but the one that says “for the Nintendo Switch” is $60. Am I able to use the first one? Or is the last one more expensive because it’s the only one you can use?
3DS FC: 3625-9522-4724
IGN: Jack | Proud member of C.E.A.L. and Admin of Solgaleo's Pokepuff | My Event List: http://tinyurl.com/hxro7kc | TSV: 2360

User Info: Blorfenburger

Blorfenburger
10 months ago#2
Pretend the Nintendo ones don't exist. It is literally a scam
I use inverted controls. Also I hate fandoms.
If you see a woman and you think she's thicc, she's probably not thicc.

Blorfenburger
10 months ago#3
Thankfully I don't think even the craziest fanboys on here condone the overpriced cards. At least until I said this

User Info: Darkdragoon324

Darkdragoon324
10 months ago#4
The Nintendo one is literally only more expensive because it has the Nintendo logo on it, AND you can ONLY use it for the Switch, it doesn't even function as a normal SD card.

The Sandisc will work fine, that's the kind that I have.
"My name is Leonard Church, and you will fear my laser face"

User Info: Cyber Akuma Zero

Cyber Akuma Zero
10 months ago#5
Make sure you are buying it from Amazon themselves and not a 3rd party re-seller selling on amazon, LOTS of fakes out there.

It should say "Shipped and sold by Amazon" and not just "Fulfilled by Amazon"
"A train station is where a train stops. A bus station is where a bus stops. On my desk I have a workstation." - William Faulkner
Gamertag in profile

User Info: jucj52

jucj52
10 months ago#6
Any MicroSD card should work, I bought my 128gb back pre-Black Friday from BestBuy.
What I'm playing: NBA 2K18,LOZ: BOTW,DOOM,LA Noire,Super Mario Odyssey(Switch), WWE 2K18,Homefront The Revolution,Mass Effect Andromeda,Madden 18(XB1)

User Info: Sandman778878

Sandman778878
10 months ago#7
blorfenburger posted...
Thankfully I don't think even the craziest fanboys on here condone the overpriced cards. At least until I said this

Calm down, buddy. You're showing traits of paranoia.
Please do not @ me, thanks.

User Info: PainkillerD

PainkillerD
10 months ago#8
blorfenburger posted...
Pretend the Nintendo ones don't exist. It is literally a scam

Cyber Akuma Zero posted...
Make sure you are buying it from Amazon themselves and not a 3rd party re-seller selling on amazon, LOTS of fakes out there.

It should say "Shipped and sold by Amazon" and not just "Fulfilled by Amazon"

Also, check the type of microSD card

http://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/22481/~/microsd-card-faq
"The Vita will probably outlive the Switch" -RandyDragon

User Info: Trumpanzee

Trumpanzee
10 months ago#9
Darkdragoon324 posted...
The Nintendo one is literally only more expensive because it has the Nintendo logo on it, AND you can ONLY use it for the Switch, it doesn't even function as a normal SD card.

Not true. Why say anything if you don't know what you're talking about.

The Nintendo branded SD cards work in any other device that accepts micro SD cards.
http://imgur.com/yhwKmWf http://imgur.com/thN3GU8
Nintendo Switch FC 1803-5725-9696

Blorfenburger
10 months ago#10
Sandman778878 posted...
blorfenburger posted...

Calm down, buddy. You're showing traits of paranoia.

I said that in a eye rolling way cause I assumed a contrarian would come in and defend the scam cards
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. Can you use any MicroSD Card for the Switch or only the Nintendo/Sandisc ones
  • Topic Archived