Do you think the Switch is too weak for modern fighting games?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. Do you think the Switch is too weak for modern fighting games?

User Info: TheRushDawg

TheRushDawg
3 months ago#11
TheCuddlyKnife posted...
Jaime_Benn posted...
NRS games, Tekken, and Soul Calibur IV - Yes

The rest - Not at all

tekken tag tourney 2 was on the wii u. switch tekken shouldn't be a problem.

Tekken Tag 2 was a PS3 / 360 game. Tekken 7 is a PS4 / Xbone game. A Switch version of Tekken 7 would need to be visually downgraded.
PSN: RushDawg
NNID: TheRushDawg

User Info: TheRushDawg

TheRushDawg
3 months ago#12
The Switch will get some Nintendo-specific fighters like Smash and Pokken.

For third party modern fighters (Injustice 2, Dragon Ball Fighterz etc.), the Switch could absolutely run them if they were visually downgraded like the Doom port. Time will tell if developers bother to do this, though I suspect a few will try if the Switch keeps selling.
PSN: RushDawg
NNID: TheRushDawg

User Info: Andros-2K7

Andros-2K7
3 months ago#13
I often wonder this and I'm not 100% sure I think it could run some titles well. Didn't the Wii U have Injustice? I think the Switch could handle some of the more recent fighting games but I'm thinking the frame rates would suffer.
Favourite JRPG's: The Last Story, Xenoblade Chronicles, Arc Rise Fantasia.
N3DS FC: 2208 9375 0944 / Nintendo Switch FC: SW-0594-6453-0420

User Info: scorpio man

scorpio man
3 months ago#14
JackBurns83 posted...
Switch isnt even 1 year old yet. Many 3rd parties are realizing big and small 3rd party games are selling very well on the Switch. That’s after weak sales from 3rd party games on Wii U and left developers weary.

We have more fighting games on the way from Guilty Gear, SNK, Capcom. It takes a couple years to develop games and after a very success year for 3rd party games on Switch, you have to give these developers time to start raving up their Switch games and what to bring over. We’re already seeing big support from NIS after Disgaea 5 Complete sold very well on Switch, Square, Sega and the rest have said they’re surprised how well their games are selling on Switch, and now Namco said they’re making 3 exclusive Switch because their Switch games sold well.

Plus if Doom 2016 can run on Switch why would anyone think fighting games that don’t need a lot of resources would have trouble? SNK said they’re happy with Switch sales and will see more support from them soon, and they already have a new fighter in the way.

Lol just remeber the Switch isn’t even a year old yet and the support it’s getting has exceeded many other people’s expectations and it already has 4x more games than the PS4 did in its first year and a far more games in the 80% average rating in the first years. Give it some time. It’s hard to imagine the Switch isn’t even a year old yet with how much success it’s gotten.

Amazing how every word you said was wrong

Lol talking about DOOM shows how you have no clue about anything, that version is nuetred to hell to get it to run

4x more games than PS4?? They are all ports lol @JackBurns83
I got 99 problems but a Switch aint one!

User Info: JackBurns83

JackBurns83
3 months ago#15
scorpio man posted...
JackBurns83 posted...
Switch isnt even 1 year old yet. Many 3rd parties are realizing big and small 3rd party games are selling very well on the Switch. That’s after weak sales from 3rd party games on Wii U and left developers weary.

We have more fighting games on the way from Guilty Gear, SNK, Capcom. It takes a couple years to develop games and after a very success year for 3rd party games on Switch, you have to give these developers time to start raving up their Switch games and what to bring over. We’re already seeing big support from NIS after Disgaea 5 Complete sold very well on Switch, Square, Sega and the rest have said they’re surprised how well their games are selling on Switch, and now Namco said they’re making 3 exclusive Switch because their Switch games sold well.

Plus if Doom 2016 can run on Switch why would anyone think fighting games that don’t need a lot of resources would have trouble? SNK said they’re happy with Switch sales and will see more support from them soon, and they already have a new fighter in the way.

Lol just remeber the Switch isn’t even a year old yet and the support it’s getting has exceeded many other people’s expectations and it already has 4x more games than the PS4 did in its first year and a far more games in the 80% average rating in the first years. Give it some time. It’s hard to imagine the Switch isn’t even a year old yet with how much success it’s gotten.

Lol talking about DOOM shows how you have no clue about anything, that version is nuetred to hell to get it to run

Thanks ^-^
And yes I made a mistake. I looked it up. The PS4 had 180 games in the first year almost all ports and no good 1st year exclusive games. Switch has over 400 in its under year 1 and counting. Oh how horrible the first year of the PS4 was.

User Info: scorpio man

scorpio man
3 months ago#16
JackBurns83 posted...
scorpio man posted...
JackBurns83 posted...

Thanks ^-^
And yes I made a mistake. I looked it up. The PS4 had 180 games in the first year almost all ports and no good 1st year exclusive games. Switch has over 400 in its under year 1 and counting.

Lololol

The have arms mario o and splatoon 2, everything else are wii u ports and obscure third party shovelware

Pathetic @JackBurns83
I got 99 problems but a Switch aint one!

User Info: JackBurns83

JackBurns83
3 months ago#17
scorpio man posted...
JackBurns83 posted...
scorpio man posted...
JackBurns83 posted...

Thanks ^-^
And yes I made a mistake. I looked it up. The PS4 had 180 games in the first year almost all ports and no good 1st year exclusive games. Switch has over 400 in its under year 1 and counting.

Lololol

The have arms mario o and splatoon 2, everything else are wii u ports and obscure third party shovelware

Love you @JackBurns83 - you’re the best

I love you too ^-^

Awesome exclusives like Xenoblade Chronicles 2 (aka 2017 RPG GOTY), Super Mario Odyssey, Arms, Splatoon 2, Fast RMX, Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle, Fire Emblem Warriors, Snipperclips

Oh let’s not forget awesome side by side releases, enhanced versions, or ports like Legend of Zelda: BotW, Mario Mart 8 Deluxe, Pokemon Tournament DX, Bayonetta 1 & 2, Doom 2016, Skyrim, Disgaea 5: Complete, Nights of Azure 2, Dragon Ball XenoVerse 2, etc.

2 games on the Switch exclusive to Nintendo platforms already in the top 5 rated games of all time and not even 1 year old yet. Amazing.

Totally agree with you. The Switch easily has had the most amazing 1st year for any game console in recent history.

User Info: Mozzezz

Mozzezz
3 months ago#18
I admit I at least worry about this since getting fighting games on systems in the past to work correctly was one of those tough barriers to breach cause of various reasons.

The genre itself doesn't matter as much anymore and if it's multiple platform (including portable for PC depending on the specs) I have other options to play them, but giving me the option to buy them on the Switch opens up options I would like to have in various scenarios to play them when I may want to along with the fact that not getting them could still greatly impact the system and players who play it in a negative way.

It will probably be generally ok for a bit, but even that I think is worth keeping an eye on, and Nintendo's admittance of wanting to keep the Switch active for 7-10 years (which I think could possible be even longer) I think has a good chance of causing problems.
SSBB Friend Code: 3823-8247-5632 N3DS Friend Code: 0189-8871-1995

User Info: DavCube

DavCube
3 months ago#19
Generally, no. Sacrifice resolution to maximize the frame rate and optimize the textures to meet as good of a middle-ground as possible and you have a perfectly playable game.

JackBurns83 posted...
The PS4 had 180 games in the first year almost all ports and no good 1st year exclusive games. Switch has over 400 in its under year 1 and counting. Oh how horrible the first year of the PS4 was.

"Almost all ports?" No. Just no. And you're implying that there's almost no ports and nothing bad in the Switch's 400 games. Also no.
http://backloggery.com/davcube

User Info: supertecmobowl

supertecmobowl
3 months ago#20
AstralFrost posted...
Yes.
Favorite NFL Teams: Cowboys/Rams.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. Do you think the Switch is too weak for modern fighting games?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived