• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. I think I know why MMLC 1 + 2 isn't able to be a single physical release

User Info: supertecmobowl

supertecmobowl
9 months ago#31
I'm glad Capcom is making it so convenient for Switch owners.
Favorite NFL Teams: Cowboys/Rams.

User Info: DiscostewSM

DiscostewSM
9 months ago#32
RasterGraphic posted...
Major Gamer posted...
The entire thing is barely 4GB on PC. Graphics has nothing to do with it.

I'm pretty sure the guy is just trying to be "funny".

At any rate, yeah you're right. The only thing you could really dial down are the FMV sequences for 8, which are probably smaller than they were on the PSone to begin with due to advances in compression tech. Maybe the music quality could take a hit.

Are the FVMs for 8 of better quality than those on the PS1? If not, then chances are they wouldn't get much out of newer compression technologies for them. HEVC/h.265 may provide roughly 2x the compression of AVC/h.264, but half of a small number is not much of a difference compared to half of a big number.
"When you've got no argument, say something bad about <x>."
Perfectly explains why the Nintendo boards are toxic and are full of trolls/haters.
(message deleted)

User Info: DiscostewSM

DiscostewSM
9 months ago#34
scorpio man posted...
DiscostewSM posted...
RasterGraphic posted...
Major Gamer posted...

At any rate, yeah you're right. The only thing you could really dial down are the FMV sequences for 8, which are probably smaller than they were on the PSone to begin with due to advances in compression tech. Maybe the music quality could take a hit.

Are the FVMs for 8 of better quality than those on the PS1? If not, then chances are they wouldn't get much out of newer compression technologies for them. HEVC/h.265 may provide roughly 2x the compression of AVC/h.264, but half of a small number is not much of a difference compared to half of a big number.

Bro, DIAL THE GRAPHICS down and we fix our problem, why is this so hard

Capcom is so lazy!

Off to bed kiddo. The adults are talking.
"When you've got no argument, say something bad about <x>."
Perfectly explains why the Nintendo boards are toxic and are full of trolls/haters.

User Info: RasterGraphic

RasterGraphic
9 months ago#35
DiscostewSM posted...

I was just saying theres a good chance the files are actually smaller than how they were on PSone since video compression has changed a lot since 1997. I agree you wouldn't get much mileage out of compressing them further.
"But you never got to see my Chaup au Fan!"
"You keep your chappy thong to yourself, Mister!"

User Info: Major Gamer

Major Gamer
9 months ago#36
RasterGraphic posted...
Major Gamer posted...

Heavy emphasis on the quotes, then.
http://backloggery.com/majorgamer

User Info: Dystroph

Dystroph
9 months ago#37
Major Gamer posted...
RasterGraphic posted...
Major Gamer posted...

Heavy emphasis on the quotes, then.

"funny"
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. I think I know why MMLC 1 + 2 isn't able to be a single physical release
  • Topic Archived