Are the people who say "switch can't run it" misinformed?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. Are the people who say "switch can't run it" misinformed?

User Info: XIFLO13IX

XIFLO13IX
4 months ago#41
Look at the specs of the Switch, look at the average multiplatform game.

Look at the platforms those games run on.

Are they misinformed OR are they actually the only informed ones?

Costs Time and Money to downgrade a game to function on weaker hardware and also test it etc.
Longtime Lurker, Defender of logic, Protector of the old way.

User Info: cory1225

cory1225
4 months ago#42
when we say "it can't run it"

we mean that it will not be able to run the game without significant downgrade which would for most devs be too costly.

It includes:

remaking assets with lower poly counts
going back, and optimizing scripts/code
downsizing the amount of enemies/objects in level (which would throw off balance)
dealing/integrating with nintendos netcode

99 percent of the people on the forum are completely clueless when it comes to game development
i5 6600k | GTX 1080 | 16Gb

User Info: Cooldawg86

Cooldawg86
4 months ago#43
cory1225 posted...

we mean that it will not be able to run the game without significant downgrade which would for most devs be too costly.

It includes:

downsizing the amount of enemies/objects in level (which would throw off balance)

99 percent of the people on the forum are completely clueless when it comes to game development

99 percent eh? BOTW is still better
Let me catch you buying a console at launch! >:(

User Info: scorpio man

scorpio man
4 months ago#44
Cooldawg86 posted...
cory1225 posted...

It includes:

BoTW is a Wii U port that performs slightly better on the Switch. There is nothing about it that is a technical marvel, we have had big open world games on other consoles for years.
I got 99 problems but a Switch aint one!

User Info: Cooldawg86

Cooldawg86
4 months ago#45
scorpio man posted...
Cooldawg86 posted...
cory1225 posted...

It includes:

BoTW is a Wii U port that performs slightly better on the Switch. There is nothing about it that is a technical marvel, we have had big open world games on other consoles for years.

You didnt get my joke.
Let me catch you buying a console at launch! >:(

User Info: yahya_no_1

yahya_no_1
4 months ago#46
whitaker6490 posted...
forte posted...
yahya_no_1 posted...
Not really, some PS4 games yes but not ANY

Switch is pretty weak for what it offers as a price tag, it's the same jump from the GC to the Wii, while better than the WiiU it's not powerful enough for games like UC4 or Second son(as horrible as that game was) as particle effects that heavy is something the Switch can't handle, even BotW had small frame rate issues, it wasn't a heavy graphics demanding game(since mid laptops can now run it)....also it's a WiiU game lol

You speak like you have no idea how any of this shut works. Particle effects? Super Stardust Delta has crazy amounts of particle effects, and the frigging Vita runs it at a flawless 60fps.

It has nothing to do with particle effects (although from watching digital foundry's Bayonetta video we learned that the Switch can struggle if a game is insanely heavy with Alpha transparency ) but all of that is moot because there are clever workarounds for getting many effects on weaker systems.

And to be clear...Breath of the Wild can certainly not run on a mid tier laptop....not in any playable capacity. I've got a higher end 18 month old Alienware, and it even struggles with keeping a solid framerate with Breath of the Wild.

You need to not just make s*** up. Otherwise you'll get called out as the liar you are @yahya_no_1

DAYUM! Guy who doesn’t know what he’s talking about REKT by other guy who doesn’t know what he’s talking about!

lol how about 2 novice kids who think they know whats going on, ending up looking pretty dump

You are comparing the effects Super Stardust with a game like infamous second son?, you for real bro? are you like for real? how old are you?

I never said BotW was running smooth on mid tier laptop, I am talking about it running with playable state 20 to 30 fps, yes believe it or not back in the day if an emulated game was running at 20 fps, for my younger self and many others this was amazing and playable

If my 5 year old laptop can run the game, then it's not as powerful as the fanboys wants you to believe
PSN:yahyano1

User Info: SilentRain16

SilentRain16
4 months ago#47
scorpio man posted...
SilentRain16 posted...
I have no doubt that Red Dead Redemption 2 and Cyberpunk 2077 will also come to Switch. There's nothing the Switch can't run and run well.

Lol, I know that's sarcasm but the sheer delusional thinking on this board is out of control.

If people think dumbing down graphics will get games to run on Switch where was this argument for previous consoles. Why even make new consoles of you could just dumb down games to run on a Wii.

This logic is so stupid it makes my head hurt

https://media.giphy.com/media/WssEOYBV9NIty/giphy.gif

User Info: NintendoGamer83

NintendoGamer83
4 months ago#48
scorpio man posted...

This logic is so stupid it makes my head hurt

Like being here 7+ days in a row means being here only every few weeks?
Treat trolls how they treat you. They hate it and that's hilarious.
Pony is classed as flaming. Drone isn't. Double standard confirmed.

User Info: Sasquatch8080

Sasquatch8080
4 months ago#49
Questionmarktarius posted...
forte posted...
For instance, Monster Hunter World "could" run on switch, but the sacrifices to both its visuals and it's performance may be greater than Capcom would want to make.

Also it would take resources and money to create a port that nigh-everyone would s*** all over for being full price several months later anyway.

I don't want Worlds on Switch when I own on another console already. Give me a new Monster Hunter game built for the Switch which is apparently in the works anyways...
"Is Gamefaqs just a place to see who can say the worst opinion possible?"-ShELbY_GT500
PSN/Xbox: Sasquatch8080

User Info: Ace-of-Clubs

Ace-of-Clubs
4 months ago#50
Again, everyone:

Ace-of-Clubs posted...
That depends on what "it" is.

All of the people talking in absolutes on either side of the discussion are biased, uninformed, and incorrect.
I am Ace-of-Clubs, and I approve this message.
"oh boy I can't wait to date those samurai guys" - FSABot
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. Are the people who say "switch can't run it" misinformed?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived