• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. Nintendo Labo - Toy-Con 02: Robot Kit Trailer
Questionmarktarius 10 months ago#11
stop3 posted...
Looks awesome. I preordered it within minutes of it first being announced... but now I kinda wish I bought TWO of them. That multiplayer looks awesome. My kids are going to have a blast, and I can't wait to give it a try myself.

Amazon is still taking preorders.
Buying two may not be a great idea, anyway, if "replacement" cardboard and accessories ever happens. Given that this is marketed heavily towards kids, there pretty much has to be - or will be soon, once enough parents complain about having to buy another game card just to replace a few cardboard pieces that some bratty kid destroyed in frustration or just by being a kid.

At the very least, expect Nyko or some random chinese company to very quickly enter the "labo compatible" market.

User Info: stop3

stop3
10 months ago#12
Questionmarktarius posted...
stop3 posted...
Looks awesome. I preordered it within minutes of it first being announced... but now I kinda wish I bought TWO of them. That multiplayer looks awesome. My kids are going to have a blast, and I can't wait to give it a try myself.

Amazon is still taking preorders.
Buying two may not be a great idea, anyway, if "replacement" cardboard and accessories ever happens. Given that this is marketed heavily towards kids, there pretty much has to be - or will be soon, once enough parents complain about having to buy another game card just to replace a few cardboard pieces that some bratty kid destroyed in frustration or just by being a kid.

At the very least, expect Nyko or some random chinese company to very quickly enter the "labo compatible" market.

Right, I'd rather buy a 2nd set of cardboard than buy a 2nd set of cardboard plus another copy of the game. I don't need two copies of the software (at least I don't think I do! I only have one Switch.)

User Info: Shmashter

Shmashter
10 months ago#13
where was this when I was a kid!! sigh
Questionmarktarius 10 months ago#14
Shmashter posted...
where was this when I was a kid!! sigh

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/d/d3/NES-Power-Glove.jpg

User Info: supertecmobowl

supertecmobowl
10 months ago#15
Vito219 posted...
jayj350 posted...
This is designed for 12 year olds.

I am not 12 so I am not buying it.
Favorite NFL Teams: Cowboys/Rams.

User Info: asdasddsa

asdasddsa
10 months ago#16
@supertecmobowl posted...
@Vito219 posted...
@jayj350 posted...
I am not 12 so I am not buying it

Odd.

You guys act like 12 year olds so is there something I’m not seeing?
Questionmarktarius 10 months ago#17
asdasddsa posted...
You guys act like 12 year olds so is there something I’m not seeing?

A 12-year-old wouldn't want this anyway. They mostly only play "mature" games.

User Info: stop3

stop3
10 months ago#18
Siaperaz posted...
This is like a poor man's vr.

In some sense it's like the opposite of VR. VR gives you an amazing visual experience, but you feel weirdly disconnected from it because its not tactile. This is all about the tactile experience.

User Info: RhetoricalDream

RhetoricalDream
10 months ago#19
That's some expensive cardboard.
Questionmarktarius 10 months ago#20
RhetoricalDream posted...
That's some expensive cardboard.

Yes, because there's an expensive game cartridge in the box.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. Nintendo Labo - Toy-Con 02: Robot Kit Trailer
  • Topic Archived