• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. Split payments on eShop
Vidgmchtr 3 years ago#1
I'd like to purchase Owlboy, but I would also like to use whatever's left on a gift card I've got laying around before I use my own funds.

Should I deposit the remainder of the gift card before buying anything, or should I wait until after I get to Owlboy's purchase screen beforehand?
Lightningbird 3 years ago#2
I think you'll be fine either way.
PONG <3 ATARI Bally CAPCOM Chunsoft ENIX Gottlieb KONAMI LEVEL-5 MIDWAY namco Nintendo SEGA TAiTO Williams <DRAGON WARRIORS FOREVER> Love conquers all.
n00bsaib0t 3 years ago#3
The best you can do is add funds, set amounts $5, $10, and so on from the card then top off the payment with the remaining amount from your debit or credit card. There’s no real “split payment” option.
3DS: 4871-6557-4900 | Switch: SW-7875-2425-7203
https://steamcommunity.com/id/Nifterific | XBL / PSN: Nifterific | NNID: n00bsaib0t
Vidgmchtr 3 years ago#4
I'm positive my gift card has less than $10 on it. In fact, I know it doesn't.

Why can't I put the remainder on this?
Lightningbird 3 years ago#5
If you used the gift card already, Nintendo will already have the funds transferred to the eshop.
PONG <3 ATARI Bally CAPCOM Chunsoft ENIX Gottlieb KONAMI LEVEL-5 MIDWAY namco Nintendo SEGA TAiTO Williams <DRAGON WARRIORS FOREVER> Love conquers all.
Vidgmchtr 3 years ago#6
Kovatch posted...
If you used the gift card already, Nintendo will already have the funds transferred to the eshop.

I have previously used the gift card, yes, but not in the eShop. There's a remainder on it, and I'd certainly like to use that remainder towards Owlboy.
Lightningbird 3 years ago#7
Oh. It should work then.
Zwiebach1 3 years ago#8
Is it an eshop card or prepaid visa card?
Vidgmchtr 3 years ago#9
Zwiebach1 posted...
prepaid visa card?

Prepaid Visa.
kidrobot 3 years ago#10
deposite whatevers left of the card
but be mindful that you can only add by 5/10/20 dollar amounts i believe

but since you said you know for a fact you have less than 10

add 5 than make the purchase
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. Split payments on eShop