Best Nintendo Switch game...

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. Best Nintendo Switch game...

User Info: TechSis

1 month ago#21
BurningAzure posted...
Best animations? Sure, SMO's animation is great but Xenoblade 2 has one of the best animations (and animated cutscenes) in the genre.

One of the best animated cutscenes in its genre, yes that’s true.

But for animations during gameplay, it’s not. That goes to Mario Odyssey as far as 1st party Switch games go.

User Info: Otterz4Life

1 month ago#22
bbivens posted...
My top 3 (only played twenty games so far)

1a. LoZ BotW
1b. Splatoon 2
2. SMO

GT: Otterz4LIFE

User Info: HValle

1 month ago#23
Fire Emblem Wa...

MonoNopon posted...
From a graphical standpoint

God damn it.

I guess SMO.
The C is for Courage, just another word for brave
O! Oh my god, what a very handsome knaive

User Info: PsychicRutabaga

1 month ago#24
ROB45 posted...
Other: Skyrim.
"Belly up, comrades, and let Korgan flail the bladder for a spell." - Korgan, Baldur's Gate: Shadows of Amn

User Info: CallmeSoren

1 month ago#25
I'm amazed people vote for Xenoblade with the catastrophe that the resolution is. First time I saw a screenshot I honestly thought it was an early PS2 title. Though I've seen some videos of the game that also look fairly impressive.
A good indie title is a non-existent indie title!

User Info: Opethian5

1 month ago#26
Artistic direction Breath of the Wild hands down.

Technically it's probably Mario Odyssey.

User Info: KOTRwhoops

1 month ago#27
The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild is my favourite game in the last 12-15 years.
PLAYING - Super Mario Odyssey (NS), The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (NS), Resident Evil Revalations (NS)
PSN - Robioto, STEAM - Robioto555

User Info: Citrus_Flute

1 month ago#28
XenobladeC2 posted...
Citrus_Flute posted...
My brief thoughts on each:

Zelda BOTW: Its self-defeating game philosophy is a little annoying. but the game is still pretty fun regardless.

Super Mario Odyssey: It's more like Banjo-Kazooie than a Mario game. It's still kinda fun, but by no means the best Mario game.

Xenoblade Chronicles 2: I bought it last month, and haven't touched it. I'll find out if I like it or not soon enough ...or not.

Fire Emblem Warriors: I don't own it, but it looks interesting. I might pick it up at some point if I ever get into Fire Emblem.

My favorite overall: Probably Mario Kart 8 for being the most fun, and if ports don't count, than I would say that Zelda BOTW is the best of the bunch.

Did you just read the title and posted without reading anything else?

Its not about which game did you like the most but what game is graphically the best in the Switch's library of games.

Oh, f***, I did it again. I tend to read things a little bit too quickly... Sorry about that.

I'll fix that in a moment.
"There are no shortcuts to any place worth going"
-A fortune cookie I ate.

User Info: finalrush7

1 month ago#29
BotW: one of the best games ever
SMO: very, very, very good, opinion might change on that
XC2: top 3 of all time, absolutely incredible.
"Today, we use our power to fell a god"
Best 4 games of all time: Sonic Adventure 2 Battle, Xenoblade, Xenoblade X, Xenoblade 2

User Info: Citrus_Flute

1 month ago#30
In terms of visuals, I'd rank them like this:

1. Super Mario Odyssey. The color palette is nice, the framerate is stable, and the models look good. The only complaint I have is the lighting, which can look... off.

2. FE Warriors. The 3D models look pretty great, the lighting looks good, and but the textures are kinda lacking; they look they were pasted onto the environments.

3. Xenoblade Chronicles 2. This one is a mixed bag. The models and lighting look good, but the framerate and resolution are lacking, even for a Switch game. It's not horrible, but it's nothing outstanding.

4. Zelda BOTW. The game doesn't look bad, but it does leave a bit to be desired. The framerate can chug (even after the patches), the lighting doesn't look very natural, and the lack of outlines (or extremely small ones) makes everything look samey. The 3D models look alright, though.
"There are no shortcuts to any place worth going"
-A fortune cookie I ate.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. Best Nintendo Switch game...

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived