beatmaniaIIDX on the Nintendo Switch?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. beatmaniaIIDX on the Nintendo Switch?

User Info: TripMachina

TripMachina
4 weeks ago#1
If by some unspeakable sorcery, Konami actually decides to port beatmaniaIIDX to the Switch, would you consider buying it? - Results (14 votes)
Yes!
64.29% (9 votes)
Maybe...
14.29% (2 votes)
Nope, not interested.
21.43% (3 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Hello everyone, since most of the best Japanese games never reach Western territory, we tend to miss out big time. I'll try to explain this as briefly as possible.

Konami's very first and flagship rhythm game 'beatmania' was released in Japanese arcades back in 1997. This DJ Simulation game was a big hit, and it eventually spawned more advanced versions known today as 'beatmaniaIIDX'. The series is over 20 years old and is still going strong today! During these years, they actually ported many of the arcade versions to the PS1 and PS2 with respective arcade-style controllers for playing at home....of course this was all before the company restructured in 2010 and pretty stopped caring much about consumer software. Despite this, the games that they DID give us previously were usually of high quality/production value. Unfortunately, only Dance Dance Revolution (DDR) made it big in the West while Konami's other music games (including beatmaniaIIDX) pretty much stayed in Japan, not to mention those games (both arcade and home versions) were also Japan only. Lastly, regarding beatmaniaIIDX home versions, the last one released (in 2009) was a port of the 16th arcade machine.

Back to the poll, if by some miracle they see a profitable opportunity with the Nintendo Switch and decide to port the more recent beatmaniaIIDX game(s) with respective arcade style controllers, would you be interested in playing it on Switch?

Here are some gameplay videos, one of the home versions, and the latest arcade machine:

PS2 port of the 13th beatmaniaIIDX arcade release (sorry if the quality's low, video is kinda old):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1D_l7OlWReQ
Gameplay of the latest (current) beatmaniaIIDX [25th arcade machine]:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0etDmndBbfc

I'm quite interested in your feedback, thanks in advance! :)
It was engraved upon Pope John...Catholic Assault!! Nibelic Vatican!!!
~New Pope Valkyrie....and Sophia got me banned. =)

User Info: Kaibaten

Kaibaten
4 weeks ago#2
That depends on how much the controller costs, but honestly, I can't see a scenario where Beatmania comes to Switch and isn't also playable with buttons and/or the touchscreen. Not with competition like Superbeat, Musynx, Voez, Deemo, and hopefully many more games in the future (DJ Max Respect, please?)

So sure, I'd get it if the price is right. But if we're talking 100 bucks just to play it, I'd wait till it fails miserably and ends up on sale for 20 bucks.

User Info: _____Cait

_____Cait
4 weeks ago#3
I'd be down. I own nearly all the iidx games, and still play the arcade version.

There was a pc port of Sirius (called Infinitus), but it is Paseli based and you basically need to have access to Japanese eamuse.
ORAS secret base: http://imgur.com/V9nAVrd
3DS friend code: 0173-1465-1236

User Info: danmiy12

danmiy12
4 weeks ago#4
it'll depend on how much the controller is and what songs are on there...games like deemo and voez get away with no controller as they make you use the touch screen to make up for the many different locations the notes can come in and it works esp well in portable mode...

but ya without a controller its pretty hard to play 8 button mode of beatmania lol..i tried on the ps2 ver but it didnt work too well..
MH4U :Atom HH main 5.7k uses hr999/Sonata MHGen 3.7k HH uses 3ds FC 4699-8385-62781
my MH OC: http://danmiy12.deviantart.com/art/Sonata-as-a-Palico-670554160

User Info: TripMachina

TripMachina
4 weeks ago#5
Hmm, if I could make an estimate of sorts, if they decided to start reproduction of the original Konami Official beatmaniaIIDX Controller and make adjustments for the Nintendo Switch, based on its original price, I'd say that the price may be similar to the US PS2 version bundle of beatmania, which was around $70....so let's add the Switch tax and bump the estimate up to $79.99 for the game + controller bundle.

I'm not sure how the game would work on the touchscreen, but I do have some ideas:

Let's assume they release a wireless beatmaniaIIDX controller that works with the Switch:

-Tabletop Mode-
Make interface adjustments for play on the smaller screen. Map keys and scratch to Joycon buttons. Can be played with beatmaniaIIDX controller.

-Handheld Mode-
Make interface adjustments for play on the smaller screen. Map keys to Joycons only.

-Touchscreen Compatibility-
Add touchscreen support

-TV Mode-
Full-fledged interface; can be played with wireless beatmaniaIIDX controller and/or Joycons.
It was engraved upon Pope John...Catholic Assault!! Nibelic Vatican!!!
~New Pope Valkyrie....and Sophia got me banned. =)
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. beatmaniaIIDX on the Nintendo Switch?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived