A severely overpriced 7 year old 3rd party port made Switch's top 10 of 2017

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. A severely overpriced 7 year old 3rd party port made Switch's top 10 of 2017

User Info: CranberryPSO

CranberryPSO
4 months ago#71
Wait this is just for 2017 sales? Not lifetime sales? Wow, in that case I really am surprised that 1 2 Switch made the chart. It did not seem like a game that would have long legs to me. Genuinely surprised.
Best quest to fight tons of Canadians really fast? ~HaienLai
Topics won: 6

User Info: TheCuddlyKnife

TheCuddlyKnife
4 months ago#72
it's understandable that some games would do this. I have no doubt gtav would've made a killing on the switch if it was released. some games just transcend their generational boundaries and would be a hit any time, on any system. i think a lot of it has to do with accessibility. gtav and skyrim are played by "hardcore" and "casual" gamers in the millions, unlike most games that require you to have taste or general skill in the genre to enjoy it fully.
umopapisdnpuaq

User Info: DavCube

DavCube
4 months ago#73
SmallerRidley posted...
Portability isn't to be overlooked. Some games benefit disproportionately.

And by "some," Nintendo fanboys mean "all the games that weren't on Nintendo platforms that I spent the last decade hating on without playing them."

Seriously, Bethesda was one of their favorite whipping boys for "always making broken, unfinished games" and whatnot, and now they suddenly love Skyrim, bugs and all.
http://backloggery.com/davcube

User Info: n00bsaib0t

n00bsaib0t
4 months ago#74
king_madden posted...
You just aren't getting it so you've went from not understanding the argument, to now insisting on what you felt I was arguing so now trying to discredit a feature people and wanted (and was something that had to be Greenlit by these companies so to compare it to romhacks is even more ridiculous than your nitpicking.

I'll keep in mind mod support doesn't count as extra content in arguments because it's not official though lol

Uh huh. Check this out.

king_madden posted...
Baha05 posted...
Kind of a big difference between releasing a product that isnt a GOTY edition versus one that has said content you get with those versions

OH OK so prices can matter just depends on your argument against them. It also didn't get all content that other versions got either

What content did Bethesda exclude? None. It's all there. You bringing mods up will never change that. Like I said, if you start bringing up user created content then every console game has lacked compared to the PC version. Nobody with two functioning brain cells to rub together would try to claim that Knights of the Old Republic 2 on Xbox is missing content because I can install the content restoration mod. The Switch version of Skyrim isn't missing anything just because you can pick a mod on the PS4 or XB1 version.

Oh, but its all approved, right? Steam Work Shop says shut your f***ing mouth. It's approved on PC as well. You open a huge can of worms that no sane individual would try to open when it comes to console games "missing content" when you start talking about mods.
Steam/XBL/PSN/EU NNID - Nifterific | US NNID & Nintendo Account - n00bsaib0t
EU Nintendo Account - n00b_saib0t | SFV: Balrog | MKX: Sun God Kotal Kahn

User Info: SmallerRidley

SmallerRidley
4 months ago#75
DavCube posted...
SmallerRidley posted...
Portability isn't to be overlooked. Some games benefit disproportionately.

And by "some," Nintendo fanboys mean "all the games that weren't on Nintendo platforms that I spent the last decade hating on without playing them."

Seriously, Bethesda was one of their favorite whipping boys for "always making broken, unfinished games" and whatnot, and now they suddenly love Skyrim, bugs and all.

OH f***, I FORGOT YOU MIGHT CALL PEOPLE HYPOCRITES

Just shut the f*** up. Every single person on this board has a double standard, and there's no point in pretending you're somehow better.
Surely there's no problem with them putting me in Brawl, right?
It's ****ing satire, damnit. 6 times 3 isn't 200 either!

User Info: NeoMonk

NeoMonk
4 months ago#76
I find these threads so amusing, Nintendo making the trolls lose their collective f***ing minds.
"The Xbox One board isn't the place for personal anecdotes, joke topics or fanboy affair." -Gamefaqs Moderator

User Info: pikachupwnage

pikachupwnage
4 months ago#77
And GTA V made the PS4 and Xbone lists.

Your point?
I'm Mary Poppins y'all.
http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/665/328/d75.gif

User Info: sephatu

sephatu
4 months ago#78
freedumbdclxvi posted...
I think Dark Souls will sell incredibly well on Switch. I don’t know that it will outsell the PS4 version.

It'll be interesting for sure. I'm glad everyone gets to play regardless.
3DS FC: 2234-7165-0261

User Info: Apalachicola

Apalachicola
4 months ago#79
If the port were not Skyrim, a game universally hailed as a masterpiece and perhaps the greatest role playing game of all time, this might be disturbing.

I BOUGHT the Switch for portable Skyrim.
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser Gate.

User Info: Poweranimals

Poweranimals
4 months ago#80
What else is there to knock it off the list?
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. A severely overpriced 7 year old 3rd party port made Switch's top 10 of 2017

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived