Super Mario Odyssey DLC RANT (Honest Opinion)

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. Super Mario Odyssey DLC RANT (Honest Opinion)

User Info: Dystroph

Dystroph
6 months ago#21
thegooblop posted...
GackJoffJr posted...

A two year development cycle for a Mario game? That's not healthy at all.

Says who? Do your research and you'll see that Mario sequels can easily come out that fast, Mario Galaxy 2 came out 2 years and 4 months after Galaxy 1 did. There's no reason to assume they couldn't get an Odyssey 2 out in about 2 years time if they really wanted to.

Galaxy 2 actually originally started development as extra content for Galaxy 1, before they decided to turn it into a sequel. It reuses most assets, and uses some that were scrapped from Galaxy 1.

If they did the same with Odyssey, the sequel would still require more work because they'd still have to create entirely new worlds. Galaxy had an emphasis on platforming, so it had a lot of.. platforms.
It could still happen though. We might get Odyssey 2 with just different Kingdoms in the same engine.

User Info: hulkhogan1

hulkhogan1
6 months ago#22
I’ve never seen anyone complain so much over a free update. TC is coming off as a spoiled brat.

User Info: the_NGW

the_NGW
6 months ago#23
Odyssey was my GotY. I am so glad it was just a small, free update. It's nice to biy a game and, you know, own the whole experience right off the bat. I didn't want DLC and I hope it never gets DLC.
GP Vs 2016: Second Place Winner
PSN: ourtheNGW, Now Playing: Elex, Super Mario Odyssey, Doom, Skyrim, Brawlout, Stardew Valley, EDF 4.1, Nine Parchments, Furi

User Info: EgoMouse32

EgoMouse32
6 months ago#24
Well, I would like to play as Luigi. But I'm not complaining about a free update and I certainly don't feel like Nintendo spit in my face...
~~( 8 :> Splatoon server: https://discord.gg/VHbBrqa SW-1058-0470-2243. ~~( 8 :>
< 83 == Super Mario Maker: http://tinyurl.com/smmegomouse < 83 ==

User Info: Shmashter

Shmashter
6 months ago#25
dude odyssey hasn't even been out for 3 months. chill out and give it some time. there's no reason they can't put out more dlc.

User Info: Iokua

Iokua
6 months ago#26
So, your overblown expectations are somehow Nintendo's fault?
Welcome to gamefaqs, where poverty is an illegal activity.

User Info: mizaReee

mizaReee
6 months ago#27
Did you cry?
Came outta nowhere

User Info: dezmomo

dezmomo
6 months ago#28
This is a joke right
https://31.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lyy3c23evP1rolu6wo1_500.png
3DS FC: 1650-1585-5921

User Info: GackJoffJr

GackJoffJr
6 months ago#29
Guys, seriously, are you really trying to say it's gonna get paid DLC now? This is just getting more pathetic by the minute.

Use your heads. What other Nintendo games have has free dlc? Oh yeah, ARMS and Splatoon 2, which never got paid DLC.

-.-

User Info: GackJoffJr

GackJoffJr
6 months ago#30
the_NGW posted...
Odyssey was my GotY. I am so glad it was just a small, free update. It's nice to biy a game and, you know, own the whole experience right off the bat. I didn't want DLC and I hope it never gets DLC.

@the_NGW Too bad. It got DLC. Just not in the preferred form. It's nice to you know, get extra content if you really enjoy a game and want more. :|
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. Super Mario Odyssey DLC RANT (Honest Opinion)

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived