Why no Mario Maker port?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. Why no Mario Maker port?

User Info: SeamusOHassey

SeamusOHassey
7 months ago#31
I rather have a sequel instead. Last time we got a port of Mario Maker, they forgot to add the f***ing online to the game.
You're not funny and nobody likes you.
My future wife -https://fat.gfycat.com/QuickThickJunco.gif

User Info: Gargomon251

Gargomon251
7 months ago#32
gafemaqs posted...
Gargomon251 posted...
gafemaqs posted...
jayj350 posted...
gafemaqs posted...
jayj350 posted...
albertojz356 posted...
Maybe they’re making a sequel instead of a port

Yeah I don't know why everyone just wants ports of old Wii U games

Where can Mario Maker be taken in a sequel? Just port the game and update it. No need for a sequel.

Are you kidding? A sequel would address many of the shortcomings and bring in an opportunity to improve everything about it. Just making a port is the most half-assed way they could go about it. I can't believe people actually prefer some half-baked approach like that over a proper sequel these days.

What shortcomings? And don't say slopes.

Missing enemies, missing stage themes, verticality, a better course browser, removing glitches and exploits (particularly ones that make courses unwinnable), etc etc

Most if not all of that can be implemented in updates, or even in the Switch port. Developing and marketing a brand new game seems wholly gratuitous.

Fair enough, but then no need for a port at all.
>Trolling is not someone posting an opinion that differs from yours
If the mods ban me, you can find me at u/Gargomon251

User Info: Billysan

Billysan
7 months ago#33
Guessing they're making a full on sequel and/or working on a new UI for the people that want to create on the TV screen.
http://billysan291.deviantart.com/

User Info: Ganiam

Ganiam
7 months ago#34
My guess is that Mario Maker came out only two years ago and it's a bit soon to re-release it.

I would expect it in late 2018 or early 2019 though.
I have a B.A. in Sexology.
Feel free to PM me any serious questions about sex and/or relationships

User Info: Brianst0rm

Brianst0rm
7 months ago#35
XylonTheManaket posted...
Good question.

Since Wii U's online services will end real soon, AND they bothered with that lol3DS version which was even more gimped than the Wii U version already was compared to fanmade stage editors, this is the ONE title it makes sense to port from Wii U. (Although it needs huge improvements.)

DK is B-team?

Yes.

Wii U online services aren't ending anytime soon, stop spreading fake news.

User Info: Brianst0rm

Brianst0rm
7 months ago#36
Also, couldn't you guys be more stupid asking for ports instead of true sequels?

I don't want to keep playing the same games for over a decade, if y'all want to then go get the games on their original platforms. Nintendo doesn't know what they're doing if they keep listening to its entitled fans.

User Info: GeminiX7

GeminiX7
7 months ago#37
jayj350 posted...
albertojz356 posted...
Maybe they’re making a sequel instead of a port

Yeah I don't know why everyone just wants ports of old Wii U games

Because... most people did not buy a WiiU and at this point there isn't really a reason to go and get one.
MSI Z97| Intel i5-4690 @ 3.5 Ghz | 8GB Cosair Vengence @ 1600 |Radeon R9 390 8GB
Who gave you permission to talk to me, mongrel?

User Info: Larpnugger

Larpnugger
7 months ago#38
Brianst0rm posted...
Also, couldn't you guys be more stupid asking for ports instead of true sequels?

I don't want to keep playing the same games for over a decade, if y'all want to then go get the games on their original platforms. Nintendo doesn't know what they're doing if they keep listening to its entitled fans.

Happy someone said this. I remember back when ports where bad when Sony did it but after the direct it's perfectly fine when Nintendo does it along with incomplete games, paid online and bad dlc practices.

Then when you call them out call you entitled, yet when those games originally came out they ignored it due to their same sense of entitlement and contributed to the systems and games missing sales and the wiius downfall.

User Info: 1UpJohn

1UpJohn
7 months ago#39
Since we haven't heard about Mario Maker or Smash Bros, I'm thinking we are getting sequels, not ports. *crosses fingers*

User Info: gafemaqs

gafemaqs
7 months ago#40
Gargomon251 posted...
Fair enough, but then no need for a port at all.

That's also fair enough, I just find it curious two worse-selling games are getting the port job while a better selling one hasn't had any news.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. Why no Mario Maker port?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived