Was Super Mario Bros 2 or Zelda 2 underrated?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. Was Super Mario Bros 2 or Zelda 2 underrated?

User Info: Iokua

Iokua
6 months ago#31
goldenraven20 posted...
Zelda II definitely is. I think it's a top 5 game in the series. SMB2 is about fairly rated I think.

Crazy4Mario posted...
BoundHunters posted...
Zelda 2 is an amazing game. A lot of people are just whiners about the difficulty and that "we demand innovation but fear change!" kind.

Zelda isn't supposed to be a 2D sidescroller. It's not supposed to be an open world game either. *Looks at Breath of the Wild*

Mario is not supposed to be an RPG or a kart racer either, but it works well regardless. Even still, Zelda was open-world before it wasn't, so that's not entirely accurate.

Mario can be whatever the f*** Nintendo wants it to be.
Welcome to gamefaqs, where poverty is an illegal activity.

User Info: afr1234

afr1234
6 months ago#32
Mario Bros 2 doesn't get enough love, most people don't even know it exists. Is a good game all things considered.

Zelda II is a hipster kind of thing when Zelda fans are looking a new game to play each year. Game is ok, but is not exactly the holy grail either

I say they are rated about where the should be: Good just not great

User Info: cyberpik

cyberpik
6 months ago#33
AoL was my first Zelda and it's had its hooks in me since.

I loved the hell out of SMB2 as well. The hours memorizing the slot machine timing to get three cherries every time.

Man I loved the NES.

User Info: 0ofreako0

0ofreako0
6 months ago#34
cyberpik posted...
AoL was my first Zelda and it's had its hooks in me since.

same. i even had the gold cart at the time. i went back and played the first after it and...instantly hated it. it's the only non-portable zelda i've never replayed. maybe if i had played it first, i woulda liked it but after playing 2 it just seemed bad and it's never recovered for me.

User Info: Kovatch

Kovatch
6 months ago#35
They're both awesome.
PONG <3 ATARI Bally CAPCOM Chunsoft ENIX Gottlieb KONAMI LEVEL-5 MIDWAY namco Nintendo SEGA TAiTO Williams <DRAGON WARRIORS FOREVER> Love conquers all.

User Info: Mysticx

Mysticx
6 months ago#36
lowuw posted...
Gargomon251 posted...
Even though they both got varying degrees of backlash, I'd love to see full remakes of both of them.

I would love to see a full sequel to Mario 2.

I’m hoping for a sequel to “Super Mario bros. 2”, have been ever since i first played it on a friend’s NES over 25 years ago, “Super Mario advance” (The GBA remake of SMB2) is my most played Gameboy Advance game too, so i would love a sequel...

User Info: Crazy4Mario

Crazy4Mario
6 months ago#37
EkroxPrime posted...
Crazy4Mario posted...
goldenraven20 posted...
Zelda II definitely is. I think it's a top 5 game in the series. SMB2 is about fairly rated I think.

Crazy4Mario posted...
BoundHunters posted...
Zelda 2 is an amazing game. A lot of people are just whiners about the difficulty and that "we demand innovation but fear change!" kind.

Zelda isn't supposed to be a 2D sidescroller. It's not supposed to be an open world game either. *Looks at Breath of the Wild*

Mario is not supposed to be an RPG or a kart racer either, but it works well regardless. Even still, Zelda was open-world before it wasn't, so that's not entirely accurate.

Those are called SPIN OFFS. Zelda 2 isn't a Zelda spin off. It's a mainline Zelda game.

Yeah like Zelda 1. The open world one.

Zelda 1 is still more of a Zelda game than BotW.

No breakable weapons, using items to solve puzzles, actually good dungeons with good rewards for making it through the dungeon, not having everything handed to you at the start of the game. Shall I go on???
Prepare for trouble.
Make it double.

User Info: BoundHunters

BoundHunters
6 months ago#38
Crazy4Mario posted...
Shall I go on???

please, for the love of god, don't
The term "Triple A Gaming" sure has become a great punchline

User Info: Crazy4Mario

Crazy4Mario
6 months ago#39
BoundHunters posted...
Crazy4Mario posted...
Shall I go on???

please, for the love of god, don't

I can say things BotW did right.
Prepare for trouble.
Make it double.

User Info: 0ofreako0

0ofreako0
6 months ago#40
using items to solve puzzles,

kinda like, i dunno...cryonis or stasis or magnesis.

with good rewards for making it through the dungeon

kinda like, i dunno...mipha's grace, or revali's grace, or daruk's protection, or urbosa's furY.

shall i go on????????????

you not liking the game is fine. acting like every sequel should be exactly like the previous game is one of the dumbest things ever.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. Was Super Mario Bros 2 or Zelda 2 underrated?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived