Why did Zelda get more attention than Super Mario Odyssey?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. Why did Zelda get more attention than Super Mario Odyssey?

User Info: MegaMettaur

MegaMettaur
7 months ago#11
Because it's Zelda. It always gets ridiculous attention.
[MSI Z270 Gaming Pro Carbon| Gigabyte Windforce GTX 1060 6GB| i7 6700K @4.4Ghz| 16GB DDR4 2400 Trident Z RGB| ASUS VG248]
Switch [4963-7986-1772]

User Info: emagdnE

emagdnE
7 months ago#12
Why did Zelda get more attention than Super Mario Odyssey?

Trick question: it didn't.

Bore of the Walking got more attention from the pretentious, shallow crowd for being a shallow, pretentious game.

Super Mario Odyssey got more attention from the actual people. Just look at how Switch sold poorly at launch but picked up after E3. Look at how many views on YouTube the Odyssey trailers + Jump Up Superstar music video got compared to what the BotW videos got. Look at the raw sales data available. Odyssey outsold BotW's sales in 3 weeks.

Odyssey is getting more attention. Odyssey is actually better received if you bother to look at what people are actually saying about the games. (BotW haters get very detailed and specific about many various issues while Odyssey haters just use a bunch of empty buzzwords.) Odyssey is selling more. Odyssey is what singlehandedly saved Switch from being Wii U 2 while Switch was pulling Wii U numbers while BotW was in the spotlight.

Don't let GameFAQs trick you into thinking it's in touch with the general public.

Because 3D Mario is just another 3D Mario where Zelda was actually something different for the series.

Different =/= good

"Just another 3D Mario"? Yeah, and 64 and Galaxy were the best games of their generations. Odyssey is the best game of this generation. It's another 3D Mario alright. While Bore of the Walking stripped away everything that made Zelda unique to conform to a stupid fad that has yielded nothing but shallow and s***ty games. Resulting in one of the most shallow and s***tiest games.

I was just going to say the same thing. One is evolutionary whereas the other is good as expected.

No, more like one is devolutionary and the other is much, much, MUCH better than expected because all the recent Mario games were incredibly half-assed.
I've never seen anything this beautiful in the entire galaxy... All right, give me the bomb. -Ultra Magnus

User Info: themegaman7

themegaman7
7 months ago#13
emagdnE posted...
Don't let Endgame trick you into thinking it's in touch with the general public.
"Cower before the might of the magic Imhullu: once forbidden, now unleashed!"
-Gharnef (Fire Emblem Shadow Dragon)

User Info: IceLegend

IceLegend
7 months ago#14
themegaman7 posted...
emagdnE posted...
Don't let Endgame trick you into thinking it's in touch with the general public.

False quote.

Endgame is 99% right.

User Info: Blayshy

Blayshy
7 months ago#15
Because.
Uh... A-Are you sure to interact with others?
-Mario, Ganondorf, Sonic, Bowser Jr. / Wendy, Duck Hunt, Marth, Mewtwo Mainer.

User Info: 1UpJohn

1UpJohn
7 months ago#16
I also have been wondering that. BotW seems to be getting more accolades that Super Mario Odyssey from the media and award shows. As others has said, the changes done in BotW were more radical than Odyssey. It was a literal game changer. Nintendo had never made a game of that scale before. It sets a new bar for what they are capable of. As fun as Odyssey was, it was very similar to the 3D Mario games in the past.

User Info: ecylis

ecylis
7 months ago#17
I really don't know
http://i.imgur.com/UgOcJQG.jpg

User Info: 0ofreako0

0ofreako0
7 months ago#18
emagdnE posted...
Bore of the Walking got more attention from the pretentious, shallow crowd for being a shallow, pretentious game.

Super Mario Odyssey got more attention from the actual people.

"REAL gamers liked the game i did! if you liked the game i didnt, yer just a filthy casual loser!"

emagdnE posted...
Yeah, and 64 and Galaxy were the best games of their generations.

no. no they weren't. they were great games, but there are so many games that are UNIVERSALLY considered better from those gens. your favorite doesn't equal best of generation.

User Info: Anclation

Anclation
7 months ago#19
0ofreako0 posted...
no. no they weren't. they were great games, but there are so many games that are UNIVERSALLY considered better from those gens. your favorite doesn't equal best of generation.

I'm not gonna defend Endgame or Mario 64, but Mario Galaxy is literally the highest ranked game in existence on GameRankings (yes, above OoT), and has a Metascore of 97. Obviously there not many games that are UNIVERSALLY considered to be better than Galaxy, certainly not from that generation.
Yeah... Sorry.

User Info: chex81

chex81
7 months ago#20
Because it’s a better game
XBL: chex81 || NNID: phasma81
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. Why did Zelda get more attention than Super Mario Odyssey?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived