Has a game's ending ever hit you in the feels?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. Has a game's ending ever hit you in the feels?

User Info: QueenTakhisis

QueenTakhisis
9 months ago#71
I've played games since the early 1980s, so of course there have been some major endings over the years. A few of my favorites (spoilers, kinda.)

1. Indiana Jones & The Fate of Atlantis. The whole game is amazing, and truly feels like the fourth movie.

2. Tomb Raider (reboot). I've been a huge fan since the beginning, and while the reboot never really felt like a Tomb Raider-game, it all came together in the epic ending. First with Lara getting her twin pistols in the final boss fight, finally turning her into the Lara Croft we all know and love. And then in the end, the others wants to go home, but she decides her adventure is only just beginning. Awesome.

3. Not to mention Tomb Raider: Legend.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ifeqA7dGWs4

4. Mass Effect 1. Easily one of the best games ever made, and with an ending that for once did not disappoint. Leave the disappointment to the reboot... I mean "sequel".

5. Doom 3. Other than the go to Hell, go back to Mars (why?), then back to Hell again (whyyyy?), it was pretty damn good the whole time through. Then we got an awesome final boss battle, and some excellent music during the end credits. God, I loved the ending... it felt so damn satisfying.

6. Guitar Hero 2. I wasn't used to Southern Rock back then, and never played the first GH. It took me quite a while to finish the campaign, and I was getting very tired by the end of it. But the crowd wanted just one more song, so thought f*** it, how hard can this "Free bird" be? Lol. My fingers hurt for days afterwards, but it was worth it.
"The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is the fear of the unknown."
~ H.P. Lovecraft ~

User Info: KiriaK

KiriaK
9 months ago#72
I can get emotional easily.

To The Moon
Regular ending to Mad Father
Promise of reunion (Ib)
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Blue Rescue Team
Nier: Automata

Probably a few others.
Ib, Persona 5, TMS#FE, Soul Sacrifice Delta, Stella Glow, and Criminal Girls are my top games.
Elfen Lied, Scooby-Doo,and Steins;Gate are my favorite shows.

User Info: Fauch

Fauch
9 months ago#73
I also really liked Tales of the Abyss ending with the whole crew gathering in the end and Luke returning.

This place has a nice view of Hod...

Cliche but somewhat touching.
Komm suesser Tod

User Info: goodJT

goodJT
9 months ago#74
LimitSeeker posted...
KH 358/2. Although technically it was sadder during penulmite fight in the tower with...someone that everyone will forget.

Vector to the heavens with a fight you can win since most of the attacks are telegraphed like a motherf***er. And it still hurts.
AKA Tykronos/Ryltex,The Glass Wraith of Gamefaqs.
S.S SatoSere/Amour, now airborne. Issei got screwed over in the beginning of DxD in my personal opinion.

User Info: 0ofreako0

0ofreako0
9 months ago#75
people who say "the feels" shouldn't be taken serious. just sayin'.

User Info: LuigiFan835

LuigiFan835
9 months ago#76
Yeah, some KH games have. Some of the PMD games as well.
3DS FC:1375-8350-6103; Switch FC: 5454-0571-3814; NNID: MARIOS_BRO123
"Mario and Luigi Paper Jam is factually better than PM:TTYD" -SeamusOHassey

User Info: TakashiMifune85

TakashiMifune85
9 months ago#77
The Walking Dead Season 1
Red Dead Redemption (the first ending)
Ocarina of Time
"Massive, massive quantities. And a glass of water, sweetheart, my socks are on fire!"
-- Gordon Cole

User Info: DJSnafu23

DJSnafu23
9 months ago#78
The "bad" ending on Ogre Battle 64 was savage!

User Info: Quol

Quol
9 months ago#79
No.

Im fine with sappy scenes but if things get too emotional my brain automatically thinks about the voice actors and imagining how they are articulating in their booths. The scenes lose all tension after that.

I can however get excited by fighting scenes or if a cutscene is particularly hammy.

User Info: OrangeMustache

OrangeMustache
9 months ago#80
The ending to pong. I was like damn when I saw him do that.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. Has a game's ending ever hit you in the feels?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived