• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. 1st switch game - Mario or Zelda?

User Info: gs_bass

gs_bass
3 years ago#1
Got plenty of Christmas money but only enough for a switch and 1 game. So which should I get as my first switch game?

User Info: AdmiralStiff

AdmiralStiff
3 years ago#2
Mario

User Info: Tkmajing

Tkmajing
3 years ago#3
Zelda
You can't have a nightmare if you never dream.

User Info: NeoMonk

NeoMonk
3 years ago#4
Zelda
"The Xbox One board isn't the place for personal anecdotes, joke topics or fanboy affair." -Gamefaqs Moderator

User Info: KillerKhan420

KillerKhan420
3 years ago#5
You'll get more outta Zelda
"I know how the business works because I'm a wrestling fan"-hulkhogan1

User Info: Arcanine2009

Arcanine2009
3 years ago#6
Depends what you're lookilng for.

Odyssey is great for pick up and play and it has some 2nd player assistance.. But you'll get more mileage from zelda.. meaning you'll likely invest more than a hundred hours if you want to collect and upgrade everything.

Both are great games.. Just depends on if you want a platformer for your first purchase, or an open world rpg adventure game.And how much time you can invest in either one.
Less is more. Everything you want, isn't everything you need.

User Info: ComradeSlowpoke

ComradeSlowpoke
3 years ago#7
BotW

User Info: QueenTakhisis

QueenTakhisis
3 years ago#8
Arcanine2009 posted...
Odyssey is great for pick up and play and it has some 2nd player assistance.. But you'll get more mileage from zelda.. meaning you'll likely invest more than a hundred hours if you want to collect and upgrade everything.
It's true you get a to more mileage out of Zelda. The question is if you want to. I had a lot of fun going through the story in Odyssey, and even stayed to pick up more moons afterwards. I only got 40+ hours out of it in total before getting bored, but most of it was a lot of fun. On the downside, I still have 500+ moons to find, and there's no real reward for any of them. So why bother?

Zelda is more... meh. You can waste hundreds of hours in it, but not much of it is any fun at all. You'll be walking around for no real reason, solving "trial caves" that takes a few minutes each, and thus feels very unsatisfying. And there's the 900 seeds you can find, but again, why would you bother? There's no real reward for anything. So you get a hell of a lot more mileage with BotW, but most of it is incredible boring.
"The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is the fear of the unknown."
~ H.P. Lovecraft ~

User Info: MRRAUM

MRRAUM
3 years ago#9
Zelda

User Info: emagdnE

emagdnE
3 years ago#10
Mario first, "Zelda" never.
I've never seen anything this beautiful in the entire galaxy... All right, give me the bomb. -Ultra Magnus
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. 1st switch game - Mario or Zelda?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A