So is Odyssey actually good?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. So is Odyssey actually good?

User Info: Sheershaw2

Sheershaw2
5 months ago#1
I don't care about the tens and tens. Game journalists are useless and give nines and tens to any game with a significant marketing budget.

So far, SMO just seems like a collectathon with nothing else.

I got a Switch for BOTW and Mario Kart, which were both excellent. SMO looks...iffy. Art is unappealing, and it seems the point of the game is just collecting moons. It seems like BOTW if the objective of BOTW was collecting Korok seeds and nothing else.

I am also worried about what I am reading. With BOTW, I read people talk candidly about the games strengths and flaws. With Mario, I just see vague descriptions about how amazing everything is. That worries me, since it means it's only hype that is fueling the praise.
i7 6700k | RX 580 4GB | 16 GB DDR4 3200 | 1080p 144hz Freesync
"Lord, grant me chastity and continence, but not yet" -St. Augustine of Hippo

User Info: Starwars4J

Starwars4J
5 months ago#2
Yes
What I can't get over is how she ripped one testicle off..~Frogstir
I can't read your topics without expecting Bel Air now.~KensaiBlade

User Info: colt85

colt85
5 months ago#3
Sheershaw2 posted...
it seems the point of the game is just collecting moons

Didn't do your research beforehand, eh?
http://calkubo.deviantart.com/
3DS (2294 6040 1182) NNID (Calkubo)

User Info: smeargle123

smeargle123
5 months ago#4
Odyssey is amazing, but it seems like you don't like collectathons so only get it if you like collectathons
Youtube account (Inactive): https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChbhpkKPoH6mzDownFccevg

User Info: SkyCrackers

SkyCrackers
5 months ago#5
Have you played Mario 64, Sunshine, or even the Galaxies? Those were all "just about collecting". The moons are merely an objective, the interesting part of the game is everything you have to do to get them.
"Theyre not only moron but also Galapagosian Lolita Complexed Chicken." -Tomonobu Itagaki

User Info: Garethc78

Garethc78
5 months ago#6
Yes mate it is good.

Picked it up on launch day and have been playing on and off all weekend.

It’s not just good it’s really fcking good.

I’m not one to gush over games but it’s easily GOTY for me.

If you don’t like 3D platformers then it’s not going to be for you. But, if you do it’s probably the greatest one ever created. It’s that good.
3DS FC - 0018-0160-7304 - Taff
PSN - taff1337

User Info: Jedi454

Jedi454
5 months ago#7
You need to get your eyesight checked TC.
Quitting my job to play Super Mario Odyssey is now considered "trolling". - GameFAQs 2017

User Info: Sheershaw2

Sheershaw2
5 months ago#8
Meh, maybe I'll get it.

Worst comes to pass, I don't like it at all and I'll sell it back.
i7 6700k | RX 580 4GB | 16 GB DDR4 3200 | 1080p 144hz Freesync
"Lord, grant me chastity and continence, but not yet" -St. Augustine of Hippo

User Info: Dark_Lawl

Dark_Lawl
5 months ago#9
It’s good. Moons have more puzzles to get them compared to Korok seeds, though some moons are gotten together (bosses) or are tied close together in some way, and not all moons are complex (some are literally just finding them). Some moons are also similar/repeated as well. Just not as often as Korok Seeds.

Overall though it’s a good game. I’d get it. Biggest issue is forced motion and limited handheld play controls. Tabletop and docked are the best ways to play and Joycons give you the most options.
3DS FC: 3780-9016-8527

User Info: Hrye535

Hrye535
5 months ago#10
I really enjoyed BOTW but definitely don't hold as one of the best games of all time and there are at least 2 zeldas I for sure like more. The korok seeds were alright but the difference with the moons is that the act of collecting them IS the reward. I didn't get that from BOTW at all.

I'm only on the 4th area but it has been a blast. I spent 2 hours in the first large area completing the story stuff and collecting as many moons as I could. The moon collecting has actually been the most fun part so far.

Only played about 5 hours but I can say it starts a little dull but almost immediately picks up and I hear it gets better as you go on. Not ready to say this is one of the best games ever but I can say with certainity that it's "good"
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. So is Odyssey actually good?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived