Is nintendo really going to charge for online?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. Is nintendo really going to charge for online?

User Info: Branchos

Branchos
4 months ago#1
It barely has any features and the only game I play online is MK8 and I aint going to pay monthly just for MK8
http://i.imgur.com/YEU94Ot.jpg

User Info: TheGreatPoster

TheGreatPoster
4 months ago#2
Mario Kart's online is trash anyway.

You might've well moved on.

User Info: Assassin2713

Assassin2713
4 months ago#3
Yes, just like all the other console companies out there.
Don't like it? Don't pay. No ones forcing you. They have as much right to make a profit as Sony or Microsoft and charge way less than them.
Currently: Pooch & Yoshi's Wooly World, Flip Wars, Splatoon 2, Bomberman R, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, MHOmega

User Info: Llama_Lord

Llama_Lord
4 months ago#4
That's the plan. If you don't think you'll use it frequent enough, then don't pay for it.
Hey, um, where's the bathroom?

User Info: Branchos

Branchos
4 months ago#5
Assassin2713 posted...
Don't like it? Don't pay. No ones forcing you. They have as much right to make a profit as Sony or Microsoft and charge way less than them.

Except PS4 and Xbone has tons of games focused on online and you get all kinds of extras and discounts and free games.

I got the switch for the nintendo exclusives which often have no or poor online
http://i.imgur.com/YEU94Ot.jpg

User Info: Assassin2713

Assassin2713
4 months ago#6
Branchos posted...
Assassin2713 posted...

Except PS4 and Xbone has tons of games focused on online and you get all kinds of extras and discounts and free games.

And Nintendo is charging a very small percent of what Sony and Microsoft charge. And will also continue adding features. And is improving online.

Your point?
Currently: Pooch & Yoshi's Wooly World, Flip Wars, Splatoon 2, Bomberman R, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, MHOmega

User Info: DUBTuner

DUBTuner
4 months ago#7
Branchos posted...
Assassin2713 posted...

For the record, you don't get free games on those consoles. You get rentals that will go away the moment you stop paying.

That being said, we still don't know how Nintendo's paid online is going to work.

User Info: Lagochocobo13

Lagochocobo13
4 months ago#8
Branchos posted...
Assassin2713 posted...

huh?
*Looks at Pokemon and Splatoon* no or poor online... if you say so!
FC: 3007-9486-8232 IGN: Lucas
GT:Lagochocobo13

User Info: smeargle123

smeargle123
4 months ago#9
Lagochocobo13 posted...
Branchos posted...
Assassin2713 posted...

huh?
*Looks at Pokemon and Splatoon* no or poor online... if you say so!
Youtube account (Inactive): https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChbhpkKPoH6mzDownFccevg

User Info: SSjYagami

SSjYagami
4 months ago#10
If you can call what Nintendo has "online."
Mods are pathetic SJWs who abuse their administrative abilities and couldn't muster a logical defense for their actions to save their lives. Worthless.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. Is nintendo really going to charge for online?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived