Why are fans overhyping Odyssey like the second coming?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. Why are fans overhyping Odyssey like the second coming?

User Info: AstralFrost

AstralFrost
7 months ago#21
Linetrix posted...
AstralFrost posted...
Well what else is there to hype up?

No seriously, what else is there?

DOOM will save the Switch!

Lol multiplats don't count towards a console's library. Any game that is available on any other console at all, ever, simply does not exist. See because of this logic the PS4 only has like 1 game and that sucks anyway hahaha.
Finally you will come to understand the extent of Nintendo's greed and Sony's love of gamers.

User Info: SSjYagami

SSjYagami
7 months ago#22
AstralFrost posted...
Linetrix posted...
AstralFrost posted...

Lol multiplats don't count towards a console's library. Any game that is available on any other console at all, ever, simply does not exist. See because of this logic the PS4 only has like 1 game and that sucks anyway hahaha.

They count but they're padding. If that is the bulk of the library then it isn't good. At least if they're company exclusive, like BotW between Wii U and NS, that counts for something. Still, a system needs exclusives to be really memorable. Late ports though, that's disappointing, especially if they're inferior. At least portability gives them some purpose, I'm a sucker for it but won't preach it like Knightendos lol.
Mods are pathetic SJWs who abuse their administrative abilities and couldn't muster a logical defense for their actions to save their lives. Worthless.

User Info: 587Deathking

587Deathking
7 months ago#23
Because that's how every exclusive from consoles are always hyped up
Reading internet jokes- http://tinyurl.com/qdxttnh
Reading a poorly written argument- http://tinyurl.com/o3f3nne

User Info: QueenLUCiNA

QueenLUCiNA
7 months ago#24
Because the game looks f***ing phenomenal, why else? There's nothing that suggests it won't be. The game looks better and more fun each time they show it, all the previews from the press have been absolutely glowing, it was voted Game of E3 more than any other game.

I mean there's a chance the game will be trash, but absolutely nothing we've seen so far shows that it will be unless you have a really odd opinion on what good gameplay is, just dislike Mario games, or actively want to hate the game. It's shown both tight platforming and open sandbox gameplay, beautifully combining both types of 3D Mario games. And it looks insanely creative. Plus, EAD Tokyo are masters of game design.

I didn't hype any game during the Wii U era, but Odyssey and BotW are both going to be masterpieces that show how ahead of most of their competition Nintendo is in terms of gameplay.

Trolls are desperately trying to draw unrelated comparisons to the Wii U, it even has them scared. Odyssey isn't "saving" the Switch because the Switch doesn't need saving, it's just going to solidify the success the console already has.
Currently Playing: Xenoblade Chronicles

User Info: PS4Warrior

PS4Warrior
7 months ago#25
Linetrix posted...
AstralFrost posted...

Lmao that statement is hilarious thinking about it.
PS4 - Because it was the next gen console i was the most interested in.
Warrior - Because i usually pick the Warrior class in MMORPGs when i played them.

QueenLUCiNA
7 months ago#26
PS4Warrior posted...
Linetrix posted...
AstralFrost posted...

Lmao that statement is hilarious thinking about it.

lol yeah. I just got that

User Info: CaIiber345

CaIiber345
7 months ago#27
Why will people entertain topics like this?

The world will never know.
Super Mario Odyssey, Sonic Forces, Ni no Kuni 2
Far Cry 5, Spider-Man, Chasm, The Long Journey Home

User Info: SkyCrackers

SkyCrackers
7 months ago#28
Why is this even a question? Odyssey deserves the hype. It's a full-blown, non-NSMBified 3D Mario game, and it looks every bit as good as we were hoping. When are we allowed to by hyped for a game if not now?
"Theyre not only moron but also Galapagosian Lolita Complexed Chicken." -Tomonobu Itagaki

User Info: riboflav

riboflav
7 months ago#29
Bellagio_6 posted...
SkyCrackers posted...
Because Odyssey is a return to form for Mario after the disappointing 3D World and it's exactly what fans have been waiting for.

Linetrix posted...
I assume you weren't around when they did that to every game announced for the Wii U:
http://i.imgur.com/fx8kP76.jpg

Kudos to whoever made that picture. I respect high-effort trolling.

It is true though. The Wii U board was filled with "Insert whatever whatever will save the Wii U" topics and all of them failed.

Really weird since Wii U had tons of great games. Even weirder since everyone wants Wii U games on their Switches like Super Mario Maker, Mario Kart 8, Splatoon, Xenoblade, a new Pikmin, Pokken Tournament, Bayonetta, Smash etc.

QueenLUCiNA
7 months ago#30
SkyCrackers posted...
Why is this even a question? Odyssey deserves the hype. It's a full-blown, non-NSMBified 3D Mario game, and it looks every bit as good as we were hoping. When are we allowed to by hyped for a game if not now?

Exactly. If Odyssey isn't the type of thing to get hyped for, what is? The 1 minute teaser trailer that RDR2 got today that shows absolutely nothing about how the game will play?
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. Why are fans overhyping Odyssey like the second coming?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived