• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. Jim Sterling gave splatoon II 7/10 for just being the same as the original

User Info: ssgoku831

ssgoku831
2 years ago#11
Bellagio_6 posted...
He was far too generous with his BOTW and MK8D scores. Both were sub par sub 5 games at best.

lol

User Info: NightMareBunny

NightMareBunny
2 years ago#12
VanderZoo posted...
NightMareBunny posted...
yet he gave MK8D 9/10 despite that being the same as every other mario kart at it's core

how the hell is that fair? you can't just say "yeah this game loses points for just being the same game with a couple new things added" when previously you had praised a game that was just more of the same with a few new things added

The standards for a port and sequel are different.

what was he expecting? for the game to drastically change in the sequel

you are not gonna see a shooter or fighting game overhaul itself to the point where it's not even the same game anymore
PSN: VV_Argost
XB1:GamerClawdeen WiiU: GothicNightmare

ssgoku831
2 years ago#13
does itreally matter what he thinks?NightMareBunny posted...
VanderZoo posted...
NightMareBunny posted...
yet he gave MK8D 9/10 despite that being the same as every other mario kart at it's core

how the hell is that fair? you can't just say "yeah this game loses points for just being the same game with a couple new things added" when previously you had praised a game that was just more of the same with a few new things added

you are not gonna see a shooter or fighting game overhaul itself to the point where it's not even the same game anymore

Does it really matter what Jim Sterling thinks?

User Info: VanderZoo

VanderZoo
2 years ago#14
NightMareBunny posted...
VanderZoo posted...
NightMareBunny posted...

Yeah, which is why he gave it a 7, which means it's good.

7 (Good): A 7 represents a favorable slice of entertainment that ought to prove welcome in the right house. Not the most glamorous, polished, or jawdropping, but most definitely good for a chuckle or two.

http://www.thejimquisition.com/review-score-guide/
https://www.gog.com/
- 100% DRM free gaming

User Info: kabutokouji

kabutokouji
2 years ago#15
VanderZoo posted...
NightMareBunny posted...
VanderZoo posted...
NightMareBunny posted...

7 (Good): A 7 represents a favorable slice of entertainment that ought to prove welcome in the right house. Not the most glamorous, polished, or jawdropping, but most definitely good for a chuckle or two.

yeah no, a 7 is awful bad but still has few ppl that could enjoy it, 8 is good, 9 is great, and 10 is flawless. at least by Asia standards, not just my country.

User Info: Mr_Big_Boss

Mr_Big_Boss
2 years ago#16
ssgoku831 posted...
VanderZoo posted...
NightMareBunny posted...

It matters to nightmarebunny
the end of one nightmare, prelude to the another...
Shenmue III

ssgoku831
2 years ago#17
Mr_Big_Boss posted...
ssgoku831 posted...
VanderZoo posted...
NightMareBunny posted...

It matters to nightmarebunny

Apparently lol

User Info: Rolfin

Rolfin
2 years ago#18
kabutokouji posted...
VanderZoo posted...
NightMareBunny posted...
VanderZoo posted...
NightMareBunny posted...

yeah no, a 7 is awful bad but still has few ppl that could enjoy it, 8 is good, 9 is great, and 10 is flawless. at least by Asia standards, not just my country.

After seeing that link, I took a peak over there and decided to see what Jim's numbers mean... And I actually like his scale the best.

He makes some valid points as to why he uses the scale he uses and how modern rating standards have culled us into thinking a game isn't worth it unless it's at LEAST an 8... Which is fairly stupid

He also makes it a point to have 5 as the "neutral" score, which is where it should be, given that it's the middle number (or fights for middle number spot, technically)
"No internet required!"

User Info: sylawaatch

sylawaatch
2 years ago#19
No one thinks of a 7 being good these days. I blame the school system.
I woke up like dih!
http://abload.de/img/1255ns2d.gif

User Info: Braev

Braev
2 years ago#20
Rolfin posted...
After seeing that link, I took a peak over there and decided to see what Jim's numbers mean... And I actually like his scale the best.

Yeah, his scale is pretty much the one I use.
There's a mystery to be uncovered here, that's for sure. And I get the feeling the truth is beyond my wildest imagination.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. Jim Sterling gave splatoon II 7/10 for just being the same as the original
  • Topic Archived