Nintendo didn't address supply problems with the Switch

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. Nintendo didn't address supply problems with the Switch

User Info: quazyqual

quazyqual
8 months ago#21
XylonTheManaket posted...
Guys, you can drop the "chip issues are responsible for low sales" narrative now. Nintendo won E3. No need to make up excuses. Switch sales will pick up when the games that aren't Wii U leftovers come out.

And even if there is a real supply issue, sales are going to drop anyway. You'll have from now until October until there is any real demand for the thing.

Splatoon2 is and MHXX are going to move millions of NSstock. Whatever they can produce most likely.
Nintendo, is a great games and toys company, industry leading.
Anyone who claims otherwise, is missing the big picture and ignoring thirty years of VG history.

User Info: SSJCAT

SSJCAT
8 months ago#22
If you really wanted a switch so bad, you would have one. There are websites that tell you what stores around you have them in stock. You can call all the local stores to see if they have any, and what days they restock. Yes, it's not as easy as walking in any store and buying one, but it's not very difficult either.
So quit your whining and if you actually want one then do a little tiny bit of work and find where to get one. Jeez.
PSN: SUPER_KITTY_JAM
FC: SW-2262-4005-7054

User Info: J22InSpirit

J22InSpirit
8 months ago#23
The supply and demand sales strategy will not be addressed. Nintendo has been doing business like this for long long time now. Yeah it may cause an inconvenience, but they will keep marketing their products like this anyway. I see at least 2-3 in stock at my local Wal-Mart every two weeks. And my local Gamestop just got stock in this past Sunday.

User Info: LightHawKnight

LightHawKnight
8 months ago#24
Isn't Nintendo competing for parts with Apple for the switch? It requires small parts that smartphones use as well, and come from expensive rare earth elements.
The Official Odin of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board.
"You know how confusing the whole good-evil concept is for me."

User Info: Fighter1st

Fighter1st
8 months ago#25
LightHawKnight posted...
Isn't Nintendo competing for parts with Apple for the switch? It requires small parts that smartphones use as well, and come from expensive rare earth elements.

This. And considering Apple is one of the biggest manufactorers of the world, it's not hard to see why Nintendo doesn't win all the parts.

User Info: NightMareBunny

NightMareBunny
8 months ago#26
Apple: Buy Our Overpriced Phones that don't even have headphone jacks anymore!
PSN: VV_Argost
XB1:GamerClawdeen WiiU: GothicNightmare

User Info: Ryu X

Ryu X
8 months ago#27
SSJCAT posted...
If you really wanted a switch so bad, you would have one. There are websites that tell you what stores around you have them in stock. You can call all the local stores to see if they have any, and what days they restock. Yes, it's not as easy as walking in any store and buying one, but it's not very difficult either.
So quit your whining and if you actually want one then do a little tiny bit of work and find where to get one. Jeez.

The problem with calling stores is most of the time they do not want to talk to you because they already been called so many times before and give you the same canned answer. "We don't have them in stock, we don't know when we will get more." I was at GS because I happen to be in the mall asked if they had any Switches and the guy said no but to call back. Asked him how often I should call because they are never in stock. He gave me a snarky answer "call as many times as you think is appropriate."

Just not customers tired of dealing with this shortage its the store employees as well.

User Info: Cyber Akuma Zero

Cyber Akuma Zero
8 months ago#28
gabrius posted...
E3 is about games.

They can talk about the boring stuff at any other time. The spotlight should not be wasted on garbage like that and I'm glad they chose to just show games instead.

This.

I remember Sony did that once several years ago, spending like half their conference talking about their TVs and sales numbers and blah blah blah something else I don't remember because I fell asleep.

Seems like everyone except EA got the message this year. We don't need stupid skits and "Here is a celebrity on stage! Let's hear his life story!" and other such nonsense, just show us games and games and more games after games.
"A train station is where a train stops. A bus station is where a bus stops. On my desk I have a workstation." - William Faulkner
Gamertag in profile
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. Nintendo didn't address supply problems with the Switch

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived