• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. Why do people keep bringing up F-Zero. It's DEAD!

User Info: Placiibo

Placiibo
4 years ago#1
Here's why you filthy little ingrates:

Go to the 16 minute mark and watch full screen:
https://youtu.be/IQ2UCc21HSo

F-Zero GX, the last console game, has a higher Meta score than Mario Kart DD, Wii, 7, and 8. It was a really, really good videogame! But MK has always sold more, so instead of developing 2 racing franchises, Nintendo decided to focus on the better selling, albeit worse franchise. FIGHT ME.

Later, they said they had no ideas to make a new F-Zero with. But this was just a cop out. Mario Kart isn't much different but they crank those out. How about 30 player online races? Something tells me people might like that. Richer course editor. The cars hover, why not have them go across water sometimes with epic rooster tails? Go underground. More car attacks. Go full GTA with Captain Falcon punching fools between races. The point is, there are things they could do.

http://i.imgur.com/pzyBknJ.jpg

But its dead! So was Metroid, remember? But a little game called Metroid Prime came in and blew everyone away and completely renewed the franchise.

But MK8 has F-Zero tracks! I'm sorry, but if you think this in any way makes up for F-Zero, you just have no idea what you're talking about. Watch the video above.

Nintendo doesn't have the team! I find it interesting that they didn't just port MK8, they improved it and basically made the ultimate MK game. Now THAT is a franchise that has truly peaked. Now about that MK team, what exactly are they working on? MK9? So far there has only ever been 1 MK game per platform, and Switch now has one...

I think right now, we're all saturated with MK and those that remember GX are hungry for fresh F-Zero. The MK team just finished MK8D.

It's time.

http://i.imgur.com/ATcCwlF.mp4

http://i.imgur.com/Rbwow6O.jpg
Warning: the post you just read may contain satire, hyperbole, or deadpan. Reader digression is advised.

User Info: quazyqual

quazyqual
4 years ago#2
All the images you posted look awesome!

Thanks! love me some god old captain falcon!

What a badass!

User Info: hyperdimeduck

hyperdimeduck
4 years ago#3
Hell have Shin'en help out somehow!
3DS FC: 4682-8590-2294 NNID: AnimeFan12
Official Kintoki-Douji and Isabeau of the SMT 4 boards

User Info: kranix1

kranix1
4 years ago#4
Moderated for Off-Topic posting.
"My kids are growing up in an era where the word 'Nintendo' means 'it might work this time, or it might frustrate you."- Engadget

Placiibo
4 years ago#5
kranix1 posted...
Moderated for Off-Topic posting.

LOL its on topic, sorry. I specifically mentioned Switch, and the only platform a new F-Zero would ever come to is Switch. This is on topic both explicitly and implicitly. Take your pick.
Warning: the post you just read may contain satire, hyperbole, or deadpan. Reader digression is advised.

User Info: Natureboy99

Natureboy99
4 years ago#6
YEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSS. Do it Nintendo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain - and most fools do.
-Benjamin Franklin

User Info: CloudStrife630

CloudStrife630
4 years ago#7
TC they did try to get Criterion to make a new F-Zero for the Wii U and they turned them down.
"On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer. But in my heart, I am a gamer."
--Satoru Iwata, 1959-2015

User Info: skipboris2

skipboris2
4 years ago#8
Falcon Kick!

Placiibo
4 years ago#9
CloudStrife630 posted...
TC they did try to get Criterion to make a new F-Zero for the Wii U and they turned them down.

Yep. They'll have to settle for the MK team now. It would be a good pallet cleanser for them.

User Info: doutforharambe

doutforharambe
4 years ago#10
Nintendo hates its fans.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. Why do people keep bringing up F-Zero. It's DEAD!
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A