Why are we paying for online?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. Why are we paying for online?

User Info: L0Z

L0Z
10 months ago#1
So it's 2017 and were going by numbers instead of usernames to add people. I remember people swapping friend codes in metro is prime hunters by shooting the walls with the plasma gun.

Anyway I go to send a message to my real life friend I just added by entering his friend codes and there is no option to send messages. Wtf

User Info: Baha05

Baha05
10 months ago#2
For services? Or in any justified sense for whatever perks we may get out of it
"He may be Mr. Clean, but his soul will always be dirty!"

User Info: GameOz

GameOz
10 months ago#3
To a real life friend, all I have is fake life friends.

User Info: L0Z

L0Z
10 months ago#4
GameOz posted...

That would be people you meet online. If you live in your mother's basement all of your life and you have friends you know online the. You have no friends

User Info: Chemazan

Chemazan
10 months ago#5
Because people are so stupid, they are willing to pay for a p2p connection

User Info: GameOz

GameOz
10 months ago#6
L0Z posted...
GameOz posted...

That would be people you meet online. If you live in your mother's basement all of your life and you have friends you know online the. You have no friends

Does not compute.

User Info: DaLagga

DaLagga
10 months ago#7
You're paying for online because Microsoft and Sony charge for online so now Nintendo thinks they can get away with it. The problem of course is the fact that Nintendo's online services have never even come close to meeting the quality standards of something like Xbox Live back 12 years ago - much less today. So there's only one of two possibilities here. Either Nintendo comes up with a new online system that is miraculously more than a decade ahead of what they're currently using or they stick to their old ways of having horrible online support where they just hope that Nintendo fanboys will pay the fees regardless of how badly they fail to meet industry standards. My guess is that they're banking on the latter.

User Info: Gogo726

Gogo726
10 months ago#8
I don't care how little it costs. If I don't feel it's worth it, I'm not paying for it.

User Info: kirbyhoakage

kirbyhoakage
10 months ago#9
im not paying s***. good luck to the people who do.
FC: 3609-2443-9791

User Info: skier8390

skier8390
10 months ago#10
Who is this "we"? I'm not paying for online I never even used it for Wii U when it was free.
Stop, don't click in there this is my private square...
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. Why are we paying for online?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived