Connected my Switch to my Xbox One and it's awesome

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. Connected my Switch to my Xbox One and it's awesome

User Info: Smashingpmkns

Smashingpmkns
1 year ago#21
quazyqual posted...
SSMajinVegeta2 posted...
Have Xbox one. Need some more info ^_^

Sounds like TC needs to make a tutorial video!

Pretty much just take the HDMI from the TV that's connected to the switch and put it into the HDMI in on the Xbox One, then select the TV app and you're done!

ItchyIsVegeta posted...
Smashingpmkns posted...
-Lo- posted...
Are you experiencing any lag? I was thinking of doing the same but I'd heard reports that doing so would cause it to lag. I did it briefly with my PS3 and I don't recall experiencing any issues, but I also didn't do it long enough to really get heavy into a game.

Nope. Been playing BotW smoothly. No input lag or anything.

The HDMI passthrough used to add massive display lag. Was it patched recently where it no longer does this?

I can only tell you from my own experience but I have not had any input lag or display lag or anything. It runs just as smooth as plugging the HDMI directly into the TV for me.
Posted with GameRaven 3.1.4

User Info: ItchyIsVegeta

ItchyIsVegeta
1 year ago#22
Smashingpmkns posted...
quazyqual posted...
SSMajinVegeta2 posted...
Have Xbox one. Need some more info ^_^

Sounds like TC needs to make a tutorial video!

Pretty much just take the HDMI from the TV that's connected to the switch and put it into the HDMI in on the Xbox One, then select the TV app and you're done!

ItchyIsVegeta posted...
Smashingpmkns posted...
-Lo- posted...
Are you experiencing any lag? I was thinking of doing the same but I'd heard reports that doing so would cause it to lag. I did it briefly with my PS3 and I don't recall experiencing any issues, but I also didn't do it long enough to really get heavy into a game.

Nope. Been playing BotW smoothly. No input lag or anything.

The HDMI passthrough used to add massive display lag. Was it patched recently where it no longer does this?

I can only tell you from my own experience but I have not had any input lag or display lag or anything. It runs just as smooth as plugging the HDMI directly into the TV for me.

Interesting. I may mess around with this feature this weekend to confirm.
XBOX Gamertag: ITCHYisVegeta

User Info: Gencoil

Gencoil
1 year ago#23
captsplatter_1 posted...
What would happen if you did this with another Xbox One?

The first Xbox One would get jealous and accuse you of cheating.
www.klustr.net || https://supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/profile/Recoil

User Info: QueenTakhisis

QueenTakhisis
1 year ago#24
Been doing this with my Wii U for a long time. All you need to do is plug the HDMI from the console of your choice into the HDMI In on the Xbone, then select "TV" from the Xbone home menu. You can even pin TV for easy access. All that happens is the HDMI-signal goes from the Wii U (in my case) through the Xbone to the TV, so there's no lag or anything. The only drawback is the Xbone has to be switched on and put in TV mode for me to use the Wii U.

Of course, you could simply get a switch-box. I have my PC, PS4, XBone, Wii U, Switch and RetroN5 all connected to a little box next to the TV, so I simply press a button on the box to decide which signal I want on the TV. Makes switching between consoles very easy, and I don't have to worry about pulling out any cables or anything. I'm sure there are boxes like this where you can switch the signal with a remote too. I only used the Wii U through XBone as I lack HDMI-slots on the back of the TV, and didn't have the switch-box.
"The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is the fear of the unknown."
~ H.P. Lovecraft ~

User Info: ItchyIsVegeta

ItchyIsVegeta
1 year ago#25
As far as input lag, I just tested this out using my HDMI modded NES, playing the first Super Mario Bros. The reason I picked this was because I have been playing this game since 1986, and can notice even the slightest bit of input lag.

I can confirm that there IS input lag added to the signal when passed through the Xbox One. However, it is very small, much smaller than leaving the game mode off on the average modern TV when plugged directly into it, but still more than a composite signal plugged into a good modern TV with game mode on vs a CRT. Game was almost very much playable, and this amount of input lag would probably be unnoticeable on many modern games for the average user. In fact, the human brain would adjust and the player would get used to it where you wouldn't realize it was there, unless you were fighting Mike Tyson on Punch Out.

That being said, I am still going to avoid using this port for other video game consoles, due to the added input lag, even though it is small. Each person is going to be different based on personal preference, and what games they are playing.
XBOX Gamertag: ITCHYisVegeta
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. Connected my Switch to my Xbox One and it's awesome

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived