• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. 2168 - 0002 A horror story...

User Info: nathninteyone

nathninteyone
1 year ago#1
Anyone had this error? Apparently it's to do with a faulty wifi card (chip?) I don't even use the damn wifi but still it's just absolutely killed my console. Had to return my switch to amazon, buy they don't have any stock, so I'm getting a refund, and nowhere is stocking them anywhere close to me or even online. I work in a damn game shop and even I can't get one. Lost 40 hours of Zelda gameplay to boot.

God damn it Nintendo. I've never had one of your consoles break on me before, this is really lousy.
4940 - 5532 - 9037 Nath, Outset Town =]

User Info: ___shan

___shan
1 year ago#2
Damn that sucks.

nathninteyone
1 year ago#3
You're telling me ... -_-" Its gonna be a real slog getting through Zelda again, completely took the wind out of my sails.

User Info: __Ryoki__

__Ryoki__
1 year ago#4
I haven't had this error, but apparently there WERE ways around it. However, if it keeps happening, I can understand why you returned it.

Just googled it and people found that it's either the wifi card (like you said) or specifically an issue with certain wifi networks.
"With the right amount of power, anything can be yours!" : Inspirational words from Hyrule Warriors Ganondorf

nathninteyone
1 year ago#5
I got 6 errors in two days whilst unconnected, the most alarming thing was the screen would light up and stay lit up in dock mode. It managed to crash from a sleep state and the screen doesn't turn itself off, I'm guessing mine stayed on for a good 7 hours whilst I was asleep. I woke up in the morning and it was seriously hot, like, uncomfortable to hold hot, and smelled a little acrid, like something was burning.

User Info: desert_santa

desert_santa
1 year ago#6
Sorry for your troubles TC. I hate getting faulty hardware. However at least when it happens to me there is always plenty of stock to replace it. Hope they release more units soon.

Losing 40 hours of game time would make me avoid that title for a while though. Annoying as heck.
It's not about the hardware in your hands, it's the software in your hearts.

User Info: __Ryoki__

__Ryoki__
1 year ago#7
nathninteyone posted...
I got 6 errors in two days whilst unconnected, the most alarming thing was the screen would light up and stay lit up in dock mode. It managed to crash from a sleep state and the screen doesn't turn itself off, I'm guessing mine stayed on for a good 7 hours whilst I was asleep. I woke up in the morning and it was seriously hot, like, uncomfortable to hold hot, and smelled a little acrid, like something was burning.

Ah jeez, sorry to hear it. Yeah, if it was happening unconnected it was probably not recoverable. Rough stuff.

I have poor wifi range on my Switch. Works in the room with the router but barely at all outside that room. Worried about connection related errors myself.

I'm just waiting though. Switch has a 1 year warranty and I have a 2 year warranty with Gamestop. If the wifi issue doesn't get resolved, I'm hoping to wait for save backups before sending it in for repair.

Just out of curiousity, why didn't you send it to Nintendo? They may have been able to preserve your save data. I mean, don't worry too much about the fact that you didn't, I say MAY because many people sent them in and had their save data lost. But still worth asking.
"With the right amount of power, anything can be yours!" : Inspirational words from Hyrule Warriors Ganondorf

User Info: LimboStudios

LimboStudios
1 year ago#8
top of the line hardware from nintendo corporation.
Even my most peaceful and calm posts are somehow designed to belittle those that disagree with me even a little, get used to it~!

User Info: blaze120683

blaze120683
1 year ago#9
Why didnt you just call Nintendo and send it under warrenty?
Do or do not there is no try

User Info: New Link

New Link
1 year ago#10
blaze120683 posted...
Why didnt you just call Nintendo and send it under warrenty?
-SNES- Hasta Pasta!
Sieh nur wie ich laufen kann... Mich fngst du nicht, ich bin der Lebkuchenmann!
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. 2168 - 0002 A horror story...
  • Topic Archived