Nintendo Switch FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions and general info)

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. Nintendo Switch FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions and general info)

User Info: gwwak

gwwak
10 months ago#91
What advantage is there?
Hardcore - We'll probably be modded for this...
Come visit The Range http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/1003-

User Info: GrimPhantasia

GrimPhantasia
9 months ago#92
Metroid_Lover posted...
GrimPhantasia posted...
Is there any disadvantage of buying a Japanese Switch instead of a Western Switch?

Non that I can think of.
The Switch system itself is region free, and you can different profiles set to different regions.
Only reason to get one would be price, but with S/H/P, it might just be cheaper to get a local one.

Thank you

GrimPhantasia
9 months ago#93
DUBTuner posted...

- System memory: 32GB (micro SDXC cards compatible up to 2TB)

Wait... do 2 TB micro SDs even exist? If so, where could I find them?
(edited 9 months ago)

User Info: gwwak

gwwak
9 months ago#94
Not now, but probably in a few years.
Hardcore - We'll probably be modded for this...
Come visit The Range http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/1003-

User Info: KurzWeber72

KurzWeber72
9 months ago#95
Does putting the joycon strap on upside down even once **** it up permenantly? I got a Switch for Xmas and already did this
Fc:4768-7618-5314
Or 2638-3926-9055

User Info: Metroid_Lover

Metroid_Lover
9 months ago#96
KurzWeber72 posted...
Does putting the joycon strap on upside down even once **** it up permenantly? I got a Switch for Xmas and already did this
I've done that twice now.

It's a bit hard to remove, but once it's off and put on properly, I've never had any troubles.
Naked Courier (Skyrim): "I've been looking for you. Got something I'm supposed to deliver. Your hands only..."

User Info: KurzWeber72

KurzWeber72
9 months ago#97
Metroid_Lover posted...
KurzWeber72 posted...
I've done that twice now.

It's a bit hard to remove, but once it's off and put on properly, I've never had any troubles.

I got it off, but I heard it ****s up the joycon's grip that they can slide off your Switch in portable mode. I have mostly kept it docked, so I don't know if mine are that way.
Fc:4768-7618-5314
Or 2638-3926-9055

GrimPhantasia
9 months ago#98
gwwak posted...

Thank you.

By the way, Does anyone know if those cheap US$20 128 GB micro SDs from Hong Kong on eBay are trustable? Or are they low quality stuff just like most of things from China?
(edited 9 months ago)

User Info: Metroid_Lover

Metroid_Lover
9 months ago#99
GrimPhantasia posted...
gwwak posted...

Thank you.

By the way, Does anyone know if those cheap US$20 128 GB micro SDs from Hong Kong on eBay are trustable? Or are they low quality stuff just like most of things from China?
I wouldn't, it's easy to fake them, and sometimes VERY hard to tell one is not genuine until it suddenly goes bad (and/or suddenly melts in place!)

You get what you pay for, I personalty would rather grid my teeth and pay a bit more at a store in my own town, or at a trustworthy retail store (amazon/newegg/etc) then get something like that, that's that important from a place as eBay/china.
Once you do get one, I'd suggest you then use a program like 'h2testw' to test/verify the micro-SD card is genuine/proper capacity and works without issues.

If you have an android tablet/phone, the app 'SD Insight (by HumanLogic)' via google play store, also checks to verify it's genuine, and is also free to use.
Naked Courier (Skyrim): "I've been looking for you. Got something I'm supposed to deliver. Your hands only..."
(edited 9 months ago)

User Info: jackfrost2016

jackfrost2016
9 months ago#100
I got a game with a sticker on the cover that reads: Internet download required. microSD card may be aquired.

Where do I go to get the download for this game? Do I have to go to the eShop?
I got nothing witty to say.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. Nintendo Switch FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions and general info)

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.